Chapter 37

First of all, I'm so so so sorry for keeping my lovely readers waiting for so long. I had exams and I couldn't think of a plot during that time even though I hardly studied anything 😂.

Secondly? Tada! Your update! Hope you enjoy! Aaaand! Thank you for 650+ votes! Keep encouraging me the same way.

*3 years after Samyra's death*

Katie's POV

"Amy! We've gotta hurry. We need to go to the doc" I called out to Amy who was busy working on her canvas. Sometimes it got me impatient to see what it was, but I had to stop myself every time, because I didn't want to break my promise to Amy.

"Can you come here please? I can't find my rubber band" she said.

I walked straight into her room and found it in a terrible mess. Reminded me of my sister. Her room always used to be in a mess too. I had to tidy it up every time. I smiled and shook my head.

I looked up from the mess to find Amy standing near her bed with her brown hair scattered all over her face and shoulder.

The moment she turned, my heart dropped. She looked exactly like my older sister. Exactly.

"Kate! Are you listening?" Amy snapped me out of my trance. "Yea-yeah, I am" I replied immediately.

"Help me tie my hair" she grumbled. "Wait! No. You always tie it. Let's leave it open for one day? You'll look beautiful" I told her and nudged her to sit down while I combed her messy hair and made it tangle free.

And she looked beautiful. It amazed me, how similar she and my sister looks.

"There you go pretty lady" I chirped. Amy smiled slightly and I helped her walk out of her room.

Harry's POV

"Harry how long are you taking to finish the files, more? You don't have all the time young man" my boss grumbled over the phone. I rolled my eyes.

"Tomorrow. I'll give you the files tomorrow" I told him. "will your tomorrow ever come?" he yelled.

"I assure you sir. You'll have the files tomorrow" I told him and without hearing another word from him, I kept the phone.

I ran my hand through my short messy hair, in frustration. (Note: Harry cut his long hair and has the look he has now for the movie Dunkirk)

 (Note: Harry cut his long hair and has the look he has now for the movie Dunkirk)

"I need a break" I told myself and stood up from the chair with a huff. I'm stuck somewhere, I never belonged to.

I should have been out in the arenas singing my heart out, but here I am trying to figure myself out.

Everyone believes that people die only once, but I'll be twice. I've died mentally the day Samyra did.

Before her, everything was okay. I never felt the need of having someone but after her, my entire existence seems useless. My heart crumbles every time I close my eyes and see her smiling face. Her pleads still haunt me. Her cries still echo in my ears.

I wish that somehow I could bring her back and never let her go again.

I lost her for my own mistake. I misunderstood her and I'll have to live with this guilt forever till I die physically.

"Amy!!!!" I heard a shrill yell and I immediately twirled around to find a girl stuck in the traffic with cars nearly going to crash her any minute. The girl looked clueless on where to go.

"Shit" I muttered and ran into the scene. "Hey! Hey! Don't move!" I told her. "Wait! I'm coming!" I said and pulled her along with me to the side of the road.

I landed flat on my back with the girl over me. Her face was covered with her open hair.

She squirmed under my grasp and I loosened my grip on her waist. "You Okay?" I asked and she slightly nodded.

I tried to see her face but all her hair was scattered, making her face invisible.

She was pulled up by someone, and that's when I realized that a fabric of her top stuck on my watch.

Nostalgia overtook me.

Samyra and me met in a similar circumstance. The entire scene of meeting her for the first time played in my head, making my heart beat like I was running a marathon.

"Amy you okay? Sweety? Oh my gosh" someone blabbered snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah I am Katie" another familiar voice said. That's when I focused on the girl, I just saved. Her back was turned towards me but something struck. I don't know what, but something did.

The girl started walking away, dragging me along with her because we were still connected and I dreamily kept walking along with her.

"Stop" I forced myself to say. Immediately the two walking figures stopped on their tracks.

I took small strides towards them, to face them. My heart felt like it was ready to burst out any time. Everything happened in slow motion like those cliche scenes.

(A/n: Aaaaaand curtain raiser. Cheers to everyone who guessed it! That proves you are MY readers 😂)

 Cheers to everyone who guessed it! That proves you are MY readers 😂)

Shailene Woodley as Amy Jensen

And time stopped. I had so many complaints to make, so many explanations to do, so much of anger and frustration. But the moment her face came into view, time ceased to exist. All those complaints, anger and guilt vanished. All I wanted to do was shower all the love that had been accumulating inside me over the years.

3 years and it hadn't changed her a bit. She still looked beautiful with her open hair, just the way I loved.

"Samyra" I said in an inaudible voice and without wasting any of, crashed my lips on hers.

(short chapie!!! I promise a longer one next time)

Btw are you guys confused? Let me know if you are. Love you!