Chapter 32

Tyler's POV

"Tyler John Williams! Why the hell did you just break off your engagement? Could you explain to me?" Dad said, glaring at me angrily, as soon as I entered the house.

I sighed and looked at him "Dad, I didn't want to get married. Specially in this situation".

"Which situation?" he snapped again. "Dad, Samyra's death? She's no more and she was the charm of the house. I thought it would be best for me to-" I started but was cut off by dad  "break up with your fiance?"

"I did it for the best" I reasoned. "It's no good, Tyler. What did you want to do exactly after this?" he said in his stern voice.

"I wanted to be there for you guys. I thought you needed me. Marrying Ally now would mean dividing my attention, and I didn't want that. I know you are going through a lot of pain and being a son, I wanted to share it" I explained.

"I, Tyler am very well capable of taking care of myself and my wife. I agree we are going through a pain because not long ago we lost our daughter but it's okay. I'm alive right now and I can take care of us. I don't need anyone else for that. Not even you" Dad said.

"Jack please, stop quarreling, the both of you" Mom said, coming out of the kitchen. Looking pale, tired and seemed like she had been crying all day because her eyes were puffy and red.

"Genieve, stay away from this one, hon" dad warned her, in a softer tone.

"Dad, I'm your son and an adult, I have the right to do things that I think is best" I tried to make Dad understand my point.

"Your assistance is not needed here Tyler. As I said, I am alive to take care of myself and my wife. You don't have to worry about us, neither are you needed here" he argued.

"What do you mean by I'm not needed here? Do you mean to say that I'm no one to you?" I said in disbelief.

He kept quiet. "Dad! Answer me! Do you say that I don't mean anything to you?" I asked again.

Still quiet. "DAD!"

"YES! YES! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. YOU DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO ME!" dad yelled.

I was taken aback by what he said. I wasn't expecting any of that.

"You aren't needed here. Leave" Dad muttered under his breath, loud enough for me to hear.
I was shocked.

"Jack please! We've lost one child. I don't to lose the other" Mom pleased crying.

"You know what? Fine! You get exactly what you want! I'm never coming back to this house ever again, even if you want me to" I scoffed and walked straight to my room and pulled out the bag and started stuffing all my things in it.

"Tyler no. Please! Your dad is angry right now. I'm sure he doesn't want that" Mom came running after me.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I can't live here. Specially when my dad doesn't want me here" I replied.

"No sweetheart. No. You can't leave just like that. This is your house, as much as it is ours" Mom reasoned.

I put down the bag and looked at her "Mom, I promise I'll call or Skype you. I love you, okay?" I told her, rubbing her tears with my thumb.

I sighed and walked down with the bags. Dad was standing, right where he was a while ago, with emotionless face.

I looked at him, one last time hoping he would stop me but his mouth remained shut so I lifted up the bags and walked out of my house, whilst mom's begging and pleading.