Chapter 25

New cast!!!!

Ansel Elgort as Caleb Waters (Divergent's Caleb prior + Tfios Augustus Waters, don't laugh please 😂)

2 days later...

I was sitting in my bed, resting my back on the head board with ear phones plugged in my ears.

Apparently I was alone in the house because Mom had gone to the departmental store and Dad and Tyler for work.

After listening to music for sometime, I realized I was bored and I had nothing to do. I couldn't get out of bed without help, which meant that even if something happens I have sit helplessly on bed. What if someone attacks the house? Maybe a robber? A thief? Or what if it's a ghost? Oh no! No ghosts! I'm scared of ghosts.

And there's a saying that an idle mind is a devil's workshop. Well it wasn't a devil's workshop, but I surely was thinking about stupid things that were lest likely to happen.

I was in my own world imagining and dreaming things when I heard a masculine cough, followed by tinkering sounds.

It couldn't be dad or Tyler as they hardly came over when on work. Mom? Obviously not, it was a masculine voice and it clearly means a male voice. Then who could it be?

Shit!

A robber? No no no no no! This can't be happening.

I sat on my bed utterly confused. I knew it wasn't Mom but for some reason I still called out for her "Mum? Is that you?"

*No answer* Shit, now is it really a robber?

I pushed myself off the bed, carefully not to hurt my leg any more and surprisingly I could make it out of the bed.

I took my crutches, which were earlier kept on the table next to my bed and slowly walked to the place the sound was coming from.

Just as I reached the kitchen I saw a man, no chuck that, a boy was almost clinging on to the kitchen chimney.

A chimney robber? I took a dish from near me and threw it his way so he could get hit by it.

"Woah! Are you planning to murder me in here?" the robber asked chuckling. "Yes, of course! What are you doing here? Get out of my house, you robber!" I scoffed.

"Well I'm-" he started "He's our neighbour, Caleb sweety. He came here to help me fix the chimney. It was making a disturbing sound" Mom a said coming in through the kitchen door from the garden.

Oh! So he isn't a robber. Okay I'm embarrassed.

"Why didn't you call a mechanic then?" I asked her. "I called them but they couldn't send one due to some problem" she said. "And he was really sweet to offer helping us with it" she said patting robber's, umm... the boy's back.