Chapter 16

Fast forward....

Amy Jensen's

I strolled through the stairs carefully not to trip myself and headed to my room, touching and feeling the walls on the way so that I do not take the wrong way.

"Am- Amy! You could've called me! You might have tripped down the stairs" Katie scowl. I heard quick footsteps towards me and immediately an arm rapped around mine.

"I just didn't want to disturb you Kate" I told her smiling at my worried friend.

She worried a bit too much about me. She'll never let me go anywhere alone, do all my work along with hers even if that isn't required.

I mean, a blind girl can still do stuffs by herself, like take care of herself, walk around the house alone but Katie doesn't understand that. She is adamant to be around me every time. It's annoying sometimes, but who to complain. I have to be back to her, knowing I still don't know anything about where I belong.

She made me sit on my bed and helped me tie my hair.

"Kate? Mind fetching me my canvas and paints?" I asked her. "Sure, just wait" she said and from the noises I could make out that she was scurrying towards my cupboard where I kept my paintings.

"I still don't understand what you keep on painting on that" Kate said putting up the canvas on its holder.

"Don't see it!" I half yelled. "Gosh! Calm your butts down. I won't see it" Kate gasped. I giggled at her.

"I know you won't. You know I want to be the first one to see it. And if not me I want it to be buried along with me when I die. You will do that for me, right?" I asked, smiling.

I heard sniffles, which said that Katie was sobbing. "Kate?" I called her out.

"Don't ever say that! You are going to live a long life" she scoffed and pulled me in a tight hug.

"Yeah maybe" I smiled rubbing her back, still unsure about what my future holds.

"And you are going to be able to see really soon. We just need to get a donor, and you'll have your eyes back" she said stroking my cheek.

I sighed and replied "I hope so".

"I don't know what I would have done without you" I said. "Yeah right. I know I'm the best" she giggled.

"Okay, now I leave you alone with whatever you are painting. I need to attend an important call" she said and I heard the sound of her footsteps fading away.

I smiled to myself and got up from bed and started working on the half done canvas I've been working on for a year now. I have no idea what I draw but I know for sure that it's a person from my past. 

I desperately want to see that person but being blind doesn't help at all. It's too annoying when you know that you want to see someone desperately but can't because you don't have eyes for to.

I sometimes get brief flashbacks, but I still couldn't sum them up together, to understand what it means.

I just wish someday I get to see the painting, at least once.

Fast forward ends...

Recap....

"Told you I wasn't letting you go so easily" he whispered, and I flinched.

I looked at him with utmost hate and anger and looked back at the teacher again.

"Okay students, class is over. I want you to be ready with your assignments tomorrow. Please don't forget" Mrs Ashley said shutting her books down.