Chapter 38

Amy's POV

"Samyra" I heard an almost audible whisper before my lips were attacked. I stood there clueless, on what was going around.

Why was someone kissing me? I was too shocked and frozen to even move.

Slap.

And immediately our lips were torn apart. My heart beat fastened by every second.

"How dare you kiss someone like this?!" I heard Katie scowl, making me flinch. She was very chilled all the time and it was quite rare to see her shouting at someone.

"Ka-katie? What's happening?" I stuttered. "Nothing Amy. You're fine" she rubbed my back comfortingly. She knew I was freaking out.

"Wait! Amy? She isn't Amy!" a male voice yelled, this time. "What do you mean by 'she isn't Amy'? She is Amy" Katie argued.

"No! No! No! No! She isn't Amy! She is Samyra. Samyra Williams" he continued rebelling.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is happening here?" I yelled this time.

"Samyra! Look at me! You know me. I'm Harry, Samyra. I'm your Harry! Tell this lady that you know me" the voice said, while my arms were crushed under his grip.

"Wh-o Harry? Whattareyoutalkinabout?" I struggled to speak. My head started getting heavy.

"Amy! Are you fine, sweety?" Katie's concerned voice asked. "N-no. I'm n-ot. Take me home please?" I cried. I couldn't stand straight anymore.

"Samyra! What's wrong with you? Tell me"

"Bloody hell! SHE'S NOT SAMYRA OR WHATEVER YOU'RE CALLING HER. SHE'S AMY!"

"Katie! Please stop. Let him go please. Take me back home" I pleaded, holding my head with my palms. It felt like it was going to burst out any minute.

"Yeah. Yeah. You'll be fine" she assured me and dragged me along with her.

"Samyra! Please don't do this. Samyra!" faint pleads could be heard from behind.

*during the car ride*

Katie's POV

"Amy? You're fine?" I called out to Amy who was sitting next to my driver's seat. Her head was resting on the shut window.

"Amy?"

No answer.

"Amy? Sweety are you there?" I asked again.

No answer.

"Amy! Answer me!"

I felt helpless. I was in middle of the road because of which I couldn't even look at her to find out if she's fine.

"Amy? Please please wake up" I cried, while trying not to move my attention away from the road.

I couldn't help myself anymore and turned towards her to have a look at her.

Blood was trickling down her mouth. "OH MY GOSH! AMY!" I panicked and stopped the car, midway.

I came to a screeching halt and I immediately jumped off from my seat and rushed towards hers.

I opened the door carefully ensuring that she doesn't fall because her head was resting on the door.

"Amy! Sweety? Can you hear me?" I shook her. She didn't move. "Amy!" I cried. I looked around helplessly as the cars honked.

"Help me please! Please!" I begged and soon two pedestrians came running to us.

"What's wrong Miss?" they asked. "She needs to be taken to the hospital now!" I told them.

"Okay okay. Let me carry her" he said and pulled up Amy from the seat and carried her till the nearest hospital.

*at the hospital*

"Doctor, how is she?" I asked as soon as the doctor came out. "She's okay. But I need to talk to you about her" she told me. I nodded and followed her to her cabin.

"Have a seat" she offered. "Thanks" I said.

"So the thing is, I figured out that Amy had met with an accident sometime back which took away her memory. Am I right?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Is her not having her eyesight thing, related to the same accident?" she continued.

"Yeah it is" I told her.

She nodded. "Dr. John, a psychologist, will be coming anytime soon. He will explain you some things" she told me.

Soon enough the door of the cabin clicked open, revealing a middle aged man.

"Good afternoon doctor John. Here's the lady who brought Amy here" the doctor introduced. I half smiled at him. He sat down opposite me.

"Miss Katie, starting of about Amy's condition. She is in a very vulnerable state. One wrong step, and she might lose her life. What relation do you have with her, may I ask?" he said.

"Nothing. Nothing actually. I found her in the hospital 3 years back where my friend works and found out about her. She was going through some anxiety and anger attacks. She didn't talk to anyone there and I had somehow managed to get her to talk to me. As time went, she grew to be more comfortable around me than anyone else and so I decided to take her home along with me, till she finds her real home. Since then she's living with me" I told them.

"Does she still get those anger attacks?" he asked.

"No, not anger attacks though but yeah she still gets those anxiety attacks quite often. She is on medication" I said.

"Is she going through any therapy to get her memory back? You know like getting her to remember things?"

"Yeah, she's going through hypnotherapy"

"Hypnotherapy is alright but other than that?"

"Nothing else doctor. Her therapist said that other means could be harmful for her"

"Hmm.... That's good because if she is forced to remember things then it might affect her brain. She should be allowed to remember her past naturally. Did something happen to her today? Like was she forced to remember something?"

I took a moment to remember everything. Harry. "Harry. Today a guy named Harry came out of nowhere and started calling Amy as 'Samyra'. He said that he knows her and her name is Samyra and not Amy. That's when Amy started feeling sick" I told them.

"What are the possibilities of him being a part of her past?"

"I don't know. A part of me felt that he wasn't lying" I told truthfully.

"Find him then. Just make sure he doesn't meet Amy just yet, because it may traumatise her" the doctor told me.

I sighed. "But I just know that his name is Harry. I don't know anything else about him" I said.

"Umm.... If he is true then there is a chance that he might come back searching for Amy. And till then search in the social media. You might recognize him with his face"

"Yeah... I guess you are right. I'll do that. And when can I take Amy home?"

"Oh... You can take her today itself. Just be careful while talking to her. See that nothing slips out of your mouth even by mistake" he warned. "Sure, I'll see to it" I smiled and thanked them before leaving the room.