Chapter 19: Crystal Collection

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

The long table was set in the main hall. It was filled with visiting pack officials, though rather than pack members. They were sitting along the walls were more tables had been placed. River wasn't with them. Not even among the omegas in the corner.

I glanced down the line. It was a mixed of people in werewolf and human form. Some even had on suits. Something I doubt I'd ever seen Titus wearing again. I caught the gaze of a familiar werewolf. Jet nodded at me, and I gave him a polite smile.

Xavier stood, and the noise died down. "Welcome to Northern Rocky Ridge. My pack is happy to have of you here to celebrate my sons." He glanced at the both of them.

The black werewolf stood and went to stand by his father with Darius on the other side.

Xavier clasped his boys' shoulders. "To the future leaders of Northern Ridge."

The people in werewolf form howled and pounded the table, while the ones in human along with my parent tipped their glasses to them. I lifted my own cup and gave a cheers toward Titus before taking a drink. He was beaming.

The three sat down, and the rest of the room started to eat.

"Congrats, Titus." Rupert raised his glass to him. "I'm glad it's you that has to deal with him instead of me."

Darius narrowed his eyes at the man. "I'm still alpha."

Xavier pointed a clawed finger at him. "Not yet."

The group laughed as Darius scoffed.

"I'm glad you're back, Aden," said Peter softly. "It's been really different without you here."

"Yeah quieter," said Darius.

Storm hit her mate's arm. "He's happy your home as well."

"It's nice being back. I missed this place." I grabbed Titus's hand and gave it a squeeze. "Well, Mr. Beta, I'm also really proud of you."

He kissed my cheek and put his arm around me. "It's a good thing I got my mate back."

Leaning into him, I watched my parents.

My mother appeared disturbed. "This is what Aden is eating?" she whispered to her husband. "No wonder he's gained weight. There's no nutritional value here."

I glanced down at my stomach. I had not gained weight, maybe a little.

Titus chuckled in my ear. "A little more muscle, that's all."

"Hmmm..." I started to dish my plate with my mother's eye on me the entire time. I spotted one of the few bowls of fruit down the table. Fat, my ass. I wasn't going to listen to her lecture me. "I'll be right back."

I stood and slipped away. Spotting two women sitting together, I stopped behind them. "Excuse me."

The one with black hair turned.

"Can I have the fruit bowl?"

She smiled and picked it up. "Human born?"

With a sigh, I nodded. "Thank you." I took it from her.

"Did your mom send you down here?" laughed a deep voice.

Jet and his father were sitting a couple seats down across the table.