22 I Am A Disappointment

"Should we head out?" Max asked as he wrapped his arms around Nina.

"Yeah, let's go. So who's driving?" Jay asked.

"Funny, we're taking the big white van in front of the house you guys use." Nareesha pointed outside. Siva chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Shall we go, m'lady?" Tom asked, holding out his arm. Kelsey took it as they headed out.

The couples walked out as I followed them out the door, locking it behind me.

I followed everyone to the van as I took my seat by the window. The happy couples were goofing off and having fun.

I plugged in my ear buds as I was teleported to a whole new world.

"Dani! Dani, please!" I felt my arm being tugged as I turned around. There a 14 year old Nathan stood grasping at my arm.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asked, tear filling his eyes. Oh I don't know why I'm ignoring you, probably because you are constantly bullying me at school.

"I-"

"Please, whatever I did. I am super sorry. I hate having you ignoring me. Its hell like this. Please, Dani. What ever I did. I am very very vey sorry."

This was the first time I saw Nathan cry for me.

"Please, forgive me?" He asked, a tear falling from his eyes it runs down his cheek. I stood there, silent.

He let go of my arm, as he dipped his head. Disappointed about my silence.

"I'm-" I pulled him into a hug, cutting off his sentence.

"I'm sorry." He said in my ear.

"You don't need to be." I said into his shoulder. His hug on me tightened.

"I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered in my ear before pulling back. He had a smile on his face, as the last of his tear dried. The necklace around his neck glistened.

"You know I love you, right? I don't know what I could do without you." Nathan put his hands in mine. I nodded and kissed his nose.

"I love you, too, Sykes."

I felt my eyes begin to burn at that memory. What happened since then? Oh yeah, he became famous, and I was forgotten about.

We finally got to the location. It was a fancy restaurant. I looked up at the sign. I felt my heart start to ache. Mine and Nathan's family use to go here before my Mum moved away, and his Dad left.

"T-TJ. W-?"

"I know, I know. But please enjoy tonight? I'll make sure of it." he gave me a wink. I sighed and walked out, hand in hand with my big brother.

I went in with everybody. "Reservation for 12?" He asked the woman behind the counter.

"Of course. Oh wait. D-Danielle? TJ? Nathan? Is that you?" The lady asked.

"Errmmm, yes? How do you know us?' Nathan asked.

"How can I forget our favorite customers?" She gave a warm smile. I looked at her name tag. Nancy.

"Aren't you my Mum's best friend?" I finally asked.

"Yes I am. Glad you remember. And Glad to see you guys again. Well, please follow me to your table." She smiled as she lead the way. I looked up at TJ who just shrugged. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I walked with everyone to a table.