4) Alone

It was a new day at school. Right as I walked through those doors, Nathan acted like a whole other person. He looked at me, gave me a nasty snarl then left. "Nathan?" I called after him, but stayed at the same place.

He turned back. "Who are you?" He asked before turning back and walking towards his group of friends. Nathan was wearing the jacket I gave him, and it covered his hands, so I think he would do fine.

I wore my necklace and gripped in my hand before giving it a kiss. I walked over to my locker and got ready for the new day of torture.

"Really, man? Oh my god, I am so happy for you" I heard Jordan. I looked over at them and they were across the hall, giving Nathan a man hug. I wonder what they're so happy about.

"I can't believe you are going to the auditions. Jane Collins is like the top of the music business." I heard Elizabeth's squeaky voice and clapping.

My eyes widened. He's leaving to go to audition? I heard those auditions are really far away from where we live. And that they take so long. Month after month of auditioning. Why didn't Nathan tell me?

I grabbed my books and headed for my first class. Class after class, Nathan was constantly on my mind. Yeah, I did very well, but he still rung through my head.

There were so many questions. Why wouldn't he tell me? Why would he tell them first? Why does he act like this at school, but not at home? Is he ashamed of me?

Finally, class was over and it was time for lunch. I didn't bother eating, since Nathan thought I was fat, so I just sat and read a book. After around 5 minutes, the book was pushed off the table by someone's big hand. I heard laughing behind that person.

I looked up to see Jordan, Nathan, and his group. They were just standing there laughing.

"So do you have money for today's lunch?" Jordan asked holding out his hand.

I reached into my pocket and gave him some more money. Then picked up my book and went back to reading. They didn't go anywhere. I looked back up at them.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing." Nathan chuckled. "Nothing."

Nathan was wearing his necklace, and I could see my writing on his hand, but he still is my bully. What happened? Is he my friend? Or is he my bully?

I nodded and grabbed my book and headed for my locker. I grabbed a different book for the next class and headed there. I was going to be early, but I needed to get away from Nathan right now.

I went into class and took a seat. I reread the chapters and lessons, trying to get ahead. This was something always about me that I hate, but can't help doing.

When it comes to school, I am always stressing or worrying about the new year, about test, about anything. Even outside of school. I am always stressed and worried.

I was tapping a pencil in my hand as I read. I looked at the pencil then to my wrist. Back and forth my eyes went. I closed my eyes shut and shook my head, trying to get that nasty thought out of my head.

Don't think like that. It only causes problems. I took a sigh and kept reading. Soon enough, the bell rang and students started heading in before the teacher closed the door.

As classes went on, it became a routine. Read ahead and then lessons just seemed to be a review.

It went on for days like this as well. What happened though, Nathan wasn't coming to school so often He wasn't showing up at the tree house either. I knock on their door and Jessica always says he's not here.