32) Years, Sykes

"I'm sorry." I mumbled again.

"No! Don't say sorry! Shut up and let me finish talking, b*tch!" He yelled at me. I looked up at him, water forming in my eyes. Did he really just say that?

I nodded, leaving my head down, as I turned my attention towards the window, finding my curtains surprisingly interesting.

"See. I am doing it again." Nathan's voice cracked as he sat back down next to me, leaning his head back onto my lap.

"Why am I such a bad best friend." he croaked into my sheet, wetting them with his tears.

I sighed and looked back down at him. "You're not, Sykes. Your just being honest." I played with the side of his ear.

He looked up at me, his eyes all red.

"Why do you keep saying that?" His voice was soft and just above a whisper.

"Because its true, Sykes."

"No its not."

"Yes, it is. Now do you want me to make you tea or something?" I asked, raising an eye brow. He popped his bottom lip and nodded. Nathan sat up as I got up and headed downstairs.

"Sykes want a cuppa?" Jay asked, raising an eye brow.

"How'd you know?"

"Baby always needs a cup." Tom chuckled.

"There's hot water in the kettle, love. Its all ready." Jay smiled tilting his head to the kitchen. I returned the smile and headed to the kitchen. Why not put a smile on my face?

I poured the hot water into the cup and made Nathan his tea. Just the way he liked it.

When it was ready, I headed upstairs and into my room, only to find Nathan covered with my sheets and blankets as he sat in my bed.

I laughed a bit at him looking so innocent and sweet as I took a seat next to him, handing him the cup. I watched as he took a slow sip and gave a sigh of delight when he took the mug away from his lips.

He looked at me and smiled. "Thank you."

I nodded. Nathan pulled me closer to him as he threw the sheets over my lap as well so we were just sitting together.

"I miss you so much, Nathan." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

Nathan nodded as he took another sip of his tea. Really? Nothing?! Well of course, nothing. Because I am not his world. Because I am not pretty. Because I am a fat *ss that has never felt love.

"Want to see, Ariana?" I asked, raising an eye brow. Changing the weird silence between us.

"Oh, yeah. I miss her so much already." His voice was still soft and cracky.

I grabbed my laptop and Skyped Ariana. She picked up right away. She was in a hotel room.

"Hi babes!" Ariana smiled into the phone. She was wearing a light pink sweater that went off the shoulder and covered her hands. Her wavy hair was pulled into a pony and she didn't have any make up on. Still, she looked better than I ever will.

"Hi, love. How are you doing?" Nathan said first. I took my head away from his shoulder and looked at Nathan as he had a full on conversation with his world, which was all the way across the ocean.

"I miss you more, Nathan!"

"No, I miss you more, Ariana!"

"No I do!"

"Come on, believe me. I do, babe."

It went on for what felt like hours as I stared at the side of Nathan's face. The light from outside catching him perfectly.