16) Forgotten Breakfast

"So what do you guys want to do?" Max asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"How about we have a lazy day? Invite the girls over, order pizza, and just stay home?" Tom suggested.

"Good idea, TomTom." Kelsey gave him a kiss on the nose.

"Let's head downstairs, love. I made you all breakfast." Nathan got up and grabbed Ariana's hand.

"You guys cooked?" Nareesha asked looking at Seev.

"No, Nathan cooked." Max laughed.

"Heyyyyy I'm a good cook!" Nathan defended himself. Everyone just laughed as we followed him downstairs. I got off my fat ass and made my way downstairs, Jay's arm securely resting on my shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jay whispered to me. I thought to myself, Smile. Smile. Smile. Make them think I am happy. Anyways, they wouldn't want to hear all of my problems. I would just sound an attention hog.

I put a smile on my face and nodded yes. He gave me a stern look. Damn it. "Please believe me. I'm fine." I pleaded, making him sigh.

I took a seat by Ariana at the island as Nathan served her heart shaped pancakes. I looked over at everyone who was already eating.

"Sorry, Dani. I didn't make enough for you. Babe, do you mind sh-" Nathan started looking at Ariana who agreed with a smile to share her food with me.

"No no no no no. Its okay. Please eat, Ariana. I'll go get a fruit salad or something. Thank you for the offer, guys."  I smiled and headed for the kitchen. See, these people were so nice and giving. Unlike me. I'm inconsiderate, rude, and a lot more stuff.

I grabbed a bowl of fruit and took a seat. Nathan gave me a pat on the back before standing by Ariana and wrapping an arm around her as he watched her eat.

"Hey Dani. I feel horrible I didn't make enough for you to eat. I'll make it up to you." Nathan mentioned. his eyes were so genuine. So swee- STOP. Stop getting sucked in. Stop being so soft. Be strong. He bullied you. He left you. He forgot about you.

"No, no you don't Nathan. You don't need to make up anything. Its fine. Honestly. It was just a small mistake."

"But Dan-" Ariana stepped in.

"Its okay. Honestly. Thank you." I got up and gave them both a hug before sitting back down and continuing to eat my bowl of fruit.

There was soon a knock on the door. Max opened it to reveal a happy Nina and a grouchy Ava.

"Hello ladies." Max said giving Nina a peck on the lips as she and Ava walked in. Jay came up and gave Ava a hug. Ava happily accepted then came up to me, Ariana, and Nathan.

"Hey Nathan. Ariana. Slut." Ava's voice was happy and cheerful with Nathan. She turned to Ariana, keeping the smile on her face. When she looked at me, she called me slut and had a disgusted look on her face. I nodded and looked at my bowl of fruit as I kept eating.

"I know you are trying to put yourself on a diet, but come on, its not going to work. Your too fat." Ava nudged me with her elbow. I nodded and continued eating.

"Hey A-. What did you just say?" I heard Jay's voice from behind us. Ava quickly looked behind her.

"Jay! I didn't see you there." Ava turned on her sweet cheerful voice and put a smile on her face.

"Ava. The lads told me you were like this, but I defended you. Did you really mean what you said?" Jay asked, his eyes were filled with hurt and disbelief.

"I'm sorry. Please. Just one more chance." Ava said pulling at his shirt.

Jay sighed. "Fine," He huffed as he looked at me and his eyes turned into sorrow then anger when they turned back to Ava. "Apologize. Now." Jay pointed towards me.

"Do I hav-"

"NOW!" Jay pointed sternly. Luckily the others were watching football, well except for Ariana and Nathan who were watching.

"Fine. I'm sorry. Dani." Ava gritted through her teeth. I nodded and turned back to my fruit as I took another bite.

"You'll pay for this." I heard Ava whisper in my ear before running back to Jay and everybody to join them in football.

I looked up at Nathan and Ariana who were looking at me confused. "Why don't you stand up for yourself?" Ariana asked.

I looked into Nathan's eyes. I was about to get lost in them when I turned back to my fruit. I couldn't get lost in his eyes. I couldn't regain my feelings for him. Although, I did feel something for him. I just can't, though.

I gave a small sigh. "I learned my lessons. If you fight back, it gets worst." I said and put my finished bowl into the sink. I took my seat back down and gave them a smile as I leaned my head on my hand which was lifted by my elbow resting on the island.

"So you're just going to let this happen?" Nathan asked, slight anger in his voice. Ariana must've noticed because she shushed him calmly. He took a breathe then looked at me.

"I learned my lesson. Fighting back makes it worse. I'll let it go as far as she wants, and then once it gets to far, I'll fight back. I probably won't have too, though, because Jay or you guys will probably hear her yelling." I smiled.

They nodded. I just gave a smile and looked at my phone. On it was a picture of Nathan and my hand pinky promised, then behind it was a faded picture of our hands entwined on the bus. I smiled and closed my phone as I was interrupted by my thoughts.

"Dani? Can we have a talk?" Ariana asked. I looked at Nathan who was confused, but let her go. He motioned me to go upstairs where Ariana was half way up. I followed her as she went into my room and took a seat on my bed.

"Did I do something wrong to upset you Ariana? If I did I am so sorry." I quickly said. I trusted Ariana. She was one of my closest friends right now.

"No no no no no. You are amazing. You did nothing wrong. Its just Ava seems to be another one of your bullies. Nathan is thinking the same thing, and as your best friends, we're worried." Ariana patted my arm.

"Thank you guys for caring so much. But I have been through this so many times. I'll be strong." I smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"For sure," Nathan walked through the door. "And if anything, we will be strong for you." Nathan sat next to us and gave me a hug. "Thank you guys." I said in Nathan's shoulder, since he brought me for a side hug.

"No problem." Nathan rubbed my arm and pulled back. Butterflies were circling my stomach as my hidden love for Nathan wanted to jump out of me. I cleared my throat and gulped the secret I have been hiding for year back down my throat.

"So would you guys like to join everyone down?" I asked. Ariana and Nathan just laughed.

"Way to ruin a moment, Dan." Ariana put a hand on my arm as she giggled.

"Just like when we were young." Nathan ruffled my hair. I just playfully rolled my eyes and nudged him a little, he bumped me back as I went into Ariana who bumped back. We were just laughing and having fun.

"GUYS! COME DOWN!!" We heard Max's voice.

I looked over at my two friends. "Come on."