2) A Treehouse

"Let's go!" Nathan grabbed my hand as we all headed out of the bus.

Nathan and I were now 9 years old. Ever since the first day I met Nathan, we were always together. We were always out-casted, but we didn't care. As long as we were together, we were happy.

Nathan and I got up from the same seat of the bus we are always on an headed out of the bus and into school.

We sat down next to each other and class started. I was always good at school. Straight A's and was always known as the 'good girl'

What people don't know? If I don't get good grades, BAD punishment would await me at home. Even if I did nothing wrong, the punishment still follows. Its a routine. Only Nathan knew that, so he was always here to help me out.

...

"Let's sit down?" Nathan asked grabbing my hand and walking to a bench and table. We were hanging out at the park after school.

We always do this every Friday. Nathan gripped my hand tightly. I gave him a smile. A thought hit me. The teacher was asking us about what we wanted to do in the future.

"Nathan? What do you want to do when you grow up?"

He thought about it awhile. "Maybe a singer?"

He suggested. Nathan went to clubs to sing and he is really good.

"Can you sing for me?" I asked.

"Why?!" Nathan complained.

"Please?!" I asked raising my hands up and begging.

"Fine. Just stop." Nathan said putting my hands down and sitting up.

Nathan decided on a Michael Buble song. So predictable.

Nathan sand and a smile never left his face. He was happy to be singing, and hearing him never made me feel bad.

When he finished we both got up and headed home. What was cool, Nathan lived next door to me and we could talk to each other through our windows.

"Good night, Dani." Nathan said giving me a hug.

"Bye, Nathan!" I said and ran inside.

When I opened the door, I was automatically pulled in by Courtney.

"Where's Daddy?" I asked.

"He's at work. Now get to your chores!" Courtney yelled pushing me towards the kitchen. I sighed and did what I was told. Daddy never knew about what Courtney did, but I don't blame him.

When I finished the kitchen, I went upstairs and cleaned. When I finished it was 10pm. I went up to my room and changed into a light blue gown and left my hair down. I opened my window to see if Nathan was in his room.

I leaned against the window as I felt the cool wind hit me. I saw Nathan singing and dancing in his room. I giggled to myself seeing him. He turned around and slipped, falling on the floor. I laughed.

"Hi Dani!" Nathan said opening his window.

"Hey Nath. Having fun?" I asked.

He chuckled. "A lot of fun." I giggled.

He smiled. "Why do you have a black streak across your forehead?" He asked.

I ran inside and looked at myself in the mirror. I rubbed it off then went back to the window.

"Cleaning." I answered. He nodded.

"Do you want to go to the tree house?" Nathan asked. Since Nathan and I lived next to each other, we could see each other and hang out whenever we wanted. In between our houses, was a tree with a tree house.