11) The Game Of Truth

I woke up to the sounds of the water running. I got up and rubbed my eyes to clear my blurry vision. I knocked on the door to the bathroom as Nathan immediately opened the door. He had a towel on his waist as his hair was dripping wet.

I tried holding back a smile and looking down at his chest, but it was the hardest thing ever. Nathan just smirked and gave me a kiss on my head before heading to his room to get dressed. I took a warm shower and looked down at my cuts. If you didn't predict this, I have been cutting since I was a little girl. From Nathan's bullying, to me missing my parents, and don't forget Courtney and Adam.

Some of my cuts looked pink and were a bit puffed up, but it was natural. I finished and wrapped a towel around me. I brushed my teeth and headed to my room to get ready for the day. When I finished, I took a seat on my bed, but was interrupted by a knock on my door.

Ariana opened the door. She was wearing a white skirt with floral print that went less than mid thigh. She also wore a black tank top that had straps at the back to show her back. She had on black heels and wore Minney Mouse ears. "Well?" She asked turning in a circle.

"You look pretty. You and Nathan going somewhere?"

"Yup! Disneyland!!" She squealed. I just laughed and nodded.

"Do you think Nathan would like it?" She asked putting her hands together and holding them up, resting her chin on them.

"He would love it. And anyways, even if you wore sweats and a stained shirt, Nathan would still love you." I had a little laughter in my voice.

I leaned back, as the bed was under me. I looked up at the ceiling. What I said was true. She's perfect. Her dimples, her smile, her eyes, her hair, her personality, her laugh. Everything. While I am just this fat *ss over here, crying over myself.

"Dani? Can we talk?" Ariana walked over to me and sat next to me on bed. I looked up, both doors were locked.

I put my head back down and nodded. Ariana rested on her stomach next to me.

"Do you like Nathan?"

My eyes began to sting. "I don't really want to talk about that. Anyways, you and him are together. You guys are perfect and happy. As long as you guys are happy, I'm happy." I forced a smile.

She gave me a smile as we both sat up. She gave me a tight hug. "Thank you, Dani. That means a lot."

I patted her back. "Don't mention it. I'm happy for you guys. Your the perfect," I swallowed, "girl for Nathan." I gave her another smile.

She just laughed a little and I saw a little redness to her cheeks.

There was a knock on the door from the bathroom. "Can I come in?" Nathan asked through the door.

"Yeah, come in babe." Ariana fixed her hair as she called in Nathan. Nathan slowly opened the door as he gave a smile.

"You look beautiful, baby." Nathan had his arms wide.

Ariana got up and went to give him a hug. I smiled at the happy couple. Don't get me wrong, but I was jealous. Considering I have loved Nathan for most of my life, but his happiness means more to me than my own.

Nathan was wearing a grey polo shirt, black jeans, white high tops, and his hair was up. I really wanted to just jump into his arms for a hug, but knowing how wrong that would be, I just forced a smile.

"Thank you, Dani. For getting us together." Ariana gave me a smile as the happy pulled back from the hug.

"No need to thank me, " I cleared my throat. "You guys would have found your way even without me."

"Well, without you, imagine how much time it would have taken for us to admit it." Nathan pulled Ariana around the waist to bring her closer to him.

"Still no need to thank me. Now go have fun." I smiled, shooing them away with my hands. They just laughed and headed out the door. I heard them open and close the door to the house and I watched them drive off to Disneyland.

I sighed and put the sweatshirt's hoddie I was wearing over my head. I walked over to Jay's room. He was wearing a hat just like Nath's, which really made me want to cry. I am glad Jay and Max knew about me like Nathan. It gives me someone to talk to, and feel comforted by. And it brings us closer.

"Hey, Dani!" Jay patted the spot on the bed next to him. He was on his laptop. I took a seat next to him. "Hey Avatar! What are you looking at?"

I closed my eyes, hoping he wasn't watching porn. "Nothing bad or disgusting. Just looking at a few pictures of Avatar." he said punching my arm playfully. I just laughed and watched him. He was really into Avatar which I actually find really cool. It reminds me of my Dad.

"So, you hungry?" He asked closing his laptop.

"Yeah, let's go. I'll make breakfast." I smiled.

He took my hand shyly as we headed downstairs.

"So what should I make?"

"How about pancakes?" Jay asked taking out a bowl of blueberries.

"Good idea!" I smiled as I took it from him and set the bowl down next to me. As I stirred the batter, Jay continuously popped blueberries into his mouth.

"Want some?" He asked. I nodded and went to grab on. Jay automatically slapped my hand away.

"Allow me. Open." Jay instructed. I did as I was told as he put a berry into my mouth.

We both laughed as we did it a few more times. "What's cooking down here?" Max came down the stairs rubbing his stomach.

"Blueberry pancakes." Jay smiled.

"Mmmm, can you feed me a blueberry?" Max asked. Jay gave me a wink.

"Sure, Max!" Jay picked up four blueberries and turned to Max who had his mouth opened wide and his eyes shut. I looked towards the stairs to see everyone quietly watching. Jay turned towards Max and threw it at him.

Max's eyes opened. "Heyyy!" He complained. Everyone just laughed as everyone came out from hiding and ran downstairs.

The food was finished as Jay popped one more blueberry into my mouth before we all sat down and ate breakfast.

When we were done, Nareesha volunteered to do the dishes. I helped out by clearing the table. When we finished, we joined everybody who were sitting down in a circle. "What's going on?" Nareesha asked.

"We're playing a game of truth!" Tom explained.

I smiled and took a seat in between Jay and Kelsey.

"I'm going to start." Siva nodded. Everybody looked at him...

The game went on for hours. We were having fun, and everyone was probably joking around about their answers now.

"Tom, why do you love to eat so much?" Nareesha asked.

"Because all that food makes it longer down here!!" Tom said pointing down. "Ewwwwwww.." I said as I covered my face and his on Jay's shoulder. Everybody was laughing.

These people were dirty-minded. But in a good way. I eventually could trust everyone here, except for Nathan. Nathan, I just didn't feel the trust I had in him when we were little kids.

"Okay. Ermm. Dani. Who do you like here?" Tom asked raising an eye brow.

My stomach knotted and my throat was dry. I looked over at Jay and Max. Of course I liked Nathan. But I would never admit it.

"I-I" I started as I tried to find my words.

"Come on, Dan! Answer the question! Tom, Max, Siva, Jay, or Nathan. None of us will get mad, and what happens in this circle, stays in this circle." Kelsey mentioned.

My stomach tightened even more, and it felt like my arms which were giving me support were weakening.

"N-n.."