56) Christmas Eve

I have been calling him time after time. It was literally 3:30 at the time, so it should be morning over there. But every time I called, I heard the same familiar message, "Thank you for calling Nathan Sykes. Sorry I missed your call. I'll get to you asap." 

For probably the 30th time I heard that call I fell back on bed, my hands up above my head. I turned to my laptop that was opened next to me. Nathan wasn't online, but all the other lads were.

I put my hands over my face as I weeped quietly. Great way to start my Christmas Eve, aye? 

Was I over reacting this, honestly? What do you think? I've waited years for Nathan. I went through his bullying, and I still didn't give up on him. Now, I am trying to keep contact when he is in another country. That's something, right? I'm trying.

I sat up as I brought my knees up, almost like I just did a sit up. I stopped crying as I rested my arms on my knees.

I heard my laptop ring as I turned to it. Jay was calling.

I accepted as Jay's face popped on screen.

"Hi Avatar." My voice raspy as I forced a smile.

"Hey Dani. I know you've been crying, so don't try and hide it." He raised an eye brow.

"I'm not trying to hide it. I can't try to smile?" I asked.

He chuckled. "No. No you can not." 

My smiled dropped as I nodded. 

Jay laughed, "I was kidding. Smile all you want. We all love it when you smile."

I gave a small smile. "So where's Nathan?" I asked, my voice still raspy.

"While we're all chatting with our girlfriends or sleeping, he has been out with Ariana." His mouth forming into a straight line. Almost a frown and a small sad smile mixed together.

I nodded, imitating the same reaction Jay had.

"He's been out all night? It's like 7 over there now." 

"Yeah. He probably got another room or something. I don't know." Jay shrugged.

I sighed as I rubbed my face.

"You get any sleep last night?" Jay asked.

"It's three in the morning."

"Want me to go?" He asked, a bit of disappointment in his face.

"No no no. Don't go. I miss talking to one of my closest guy friends. I am usually up at this time anyways, so it's fine."

He snickered. "Okay. I miss talking to you too, Dan. Ava's been telling me how thankful she is for me yelling at her for her to be nicer to you. She says if I hadn't she'd never had made such a good friend."

I smiled, "That's really sweet. I'd have to give her a big hug."

He laughed. "Merry Christmas Eve, Dani."

"Merry Christmas Eve. I sent your Christmas gifts to Scooter's office and he's going to be sending them over to you guys."

Jay smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Dani."

"Your welcome, Avatar."

"So does Nathan pick up his phone?" He asked.

I nodded no. "Does he to you?"

Jay tilted his head side to side. "Some times. Want me to call him?" He asked, holding up his phone.

"Yes please. Speaker. I want to hear." I laughed, a bit eager.