Chapter 12

*Lau

I have no idea where I am. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing. I felt one of my iphones vibrate and patted all my pockets until I found the one that vibrated. It was a phone call, from Márrie. I don't know if I should pick up or not. She may be scared, irritated, pissed, sad, or all of the above. I guess I'll pick up since I did up and leave her last night.

Me: Hello 😨!

Márrie: Why Lau?

Me: What you-

Márrie: Don't you dare ask me that question, you know what I'm talking about!

Ok, so she definitely is pissed at me right now.

Me: I'm sorry but I had to.

Márrie: Why?

I sat quietly trying to think of a good lie.

Márrie: OH MY GOD LAURENT NICOLAS BOURGEOIS!

Me: uh oh

Márrie: Yea, uh oh. You left to find Devin WHAT THE FUCK!

Me: I'm so-

Márrie: Best believe I'm kicking your ass after you kick his!

Me: Márrie I'm sorry, I'll come- wait, did you say after I kick his ass?

Márrie: Yes I did.

Me: I'm confused now. I thought you were mad at me?

Márrie: Oh I still am, but you might as well get him while you gone. Ain't no point of coming back right now.

Me: Ok, so you understandish?

Márrie: Yes Lau, I understandish. And Lau...

Me: Yea

Márrie: I love you!

I went into completely shock. I heard a thud and realized it was my phone. I hurried and grabbed it and stood speechless. I could hear her laughing until she coughed. I waited till she finished laughing to respond, but nothing would come out.

Márrie: Lau, you there.

Me: Ye-yea, I'm here. Do you mean it?

Márrie: I do, with all of my heart. The fact that you would leave to do this for me without me even asking just confirmed it. I love you so much.

Me: I love you too. I'm doing this for all of us, ok. I WILL come back home, I promise.

Márrie: You better, I'm about to go eat, do you want to talk to your brother?

Oh yes, he's about to get hell!

Me: Yea, let me speak to him.

~Background~

Márrie: LARRYYYYYY!

Lar: What!

Márrie: Phone!

Lar: Who is it!

Márrie: You're brother, duhh- get off me, damn!

I heard some shuffling around an finally he answered the phone.

Lar: Hey mon frére.

Me: WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET MÁRRIE CALL ME.

Lar: CALM DOWN, I was running out of options. She left me no choice but to let her call you! I sowwy!

Me: Yea whatever. Anyway, how is she doing.

Lar: Better than this morning.

Me: How she find out?

Lar: Out of all honesty, I have no clue. Maybe she just put pieces together and figured it out on her own. I didn't say a word to her for her sake and ours.

Me: Ok, well I'm about to find a hotel to stay in for the time being. Let me speam to Márrie again. Amour vous mon frère!

Lar: Ok. ~MÀRRRIIIEEE!~ I'll talk to you soon. Amour vous mon frère!