Chapter 7

*Lar

I'm scared. I don't know what's about to happen; her face was all too serious.

*Márrie

Lar looking like he about to die.

Me: I'm just going to tell you everything that happened with me and Devin.

He looked at me wide eyed, but I can't say I was surprised though.

Lar: Ok

I got up, grabbed his hand, and sat him down on the other side of me. Time to tell them the truth.

Márrie: So, me and Devin were together for 2 years. We had our own house together. We were in love with eachother, but that changed after my sister, Mèrria, called me asking where he was. I said at work but she said no he's not. He's at the club dancing with some girl, they've been dancing all night. I was shocked but I didn't believe it. I told her goodnight and went to sleep. What she said kept playing over and over again in my head, so I called her back and asked what club. It was The Exotici . Like forreal, an exotic club. Anyway, I found the club and went to the balcony. I saw him in the middle of the floor dancing with some girl. I was pissed to the max, but I didn't want to cause a scene. I took at least 20 pictures from different angles so he can't lie and say that's not him. I went home and decided to deal with it first thing in the morning. That was a huge mistake. Apparently, he was stupid drunk last night and still a little drunk that morning. I asked him about it and we got into an arguement. It escaladed to an all new high. I showed him the pictures and he threw my phone on the couch. We ended up fighting. Not argueing fighting, like real fighting. It started when he slammed me into the wall and my shoulder bled. I stabbed him with some broken glass in his arm. We were fighting for at least 10 minutes until I heard someone knock on the door. We were still going at eachother's throats until the door was kicked in. It was our neighbor. I was shocked and happy at the same time. He pulled us from eachother and took us to his room. He told us to stay somewhere else for now, and AWAY from eachother. Now that I think about it, I can't believe he put his hands on me. That's why I have those marks and scratches all over my body. That's when I asked if I could stay with you guys for a while. That's it really. My house is still there, I'm just not allowed in it yet.

They sat there staring at me with "Oh My God" faces. They scooted closer to me and hugged me tight. We sat like that for a few minutes without saying anything, everyone in their own thoughts.

*Lau

Listening to that story was so hard. I feel terrible now. If I would've known that's what happened, I wouldn't have asked.

Me: I'm so sorry Márrie.

Márrie: It's ok. I actually feel better knowing that you guys know the whole truth now.

I looked at Lar and he had tears in his eyes.

*Márrie

I didn't want them to feel this bad. I turned and realized Lar was crying. I hugged him and assured him that I was ok now.

*Lar

I didn't mean to start crying, but I just couldn't hold it in. I love Marrie, but I didn't know this is what happened to her.

Márrie: Lar, I'm ok now. I promise.

I sucked in my tears and said ok. She hugged me and I felt a little better.

Márrie: Can we go get something to eat, all this sentimental stuff got me hungry.

Me: Happily!