Chapter 28

*Mèr

This room is cold as hell, and why is it pitch black. I hope they can find me because we don't need two people missing. I wonder if Larry is in here.

Me: LAARRRYYYY! LAARRRYYYY!

I forgot there was tape around my mouth, so all that was heard is muffling. That was an immediate disappointment.

Lar: Who's there?

I rolled around on the floor trying to get the tape off. It came off a little, but not enough.

Lar: Hello?

I had to do something quick so I could tell him it was me. I made a decision that I know would taste nasty. I parted my lips as much as I could, and licked the tape around my mouth. When I felt I could get it off, I used the floor to scrape the tape completely off of my mouth.

Lar: Stay away from me!

I guess he was getting nervous from the lack of voice. I sighed at the release of my lips, finally being able to speak.

Me: Larry.

I was so tired from moving so much, that my words came out softer than I expected. I had to say his name again.

Me: Larry!

It was quiet for a brief moment, but recognition of my voice finally set in.

Lar: Mèrrie?

Me: Larry. Where are you?

Lar: On the wall, by the window.

I crawled around the walls until I got to the window, and there he was.

Me: This isn't real!

Lar: Yes it is, Oh my god. I never gave up that ya'll would find me.

Me: We were determined to find you.

Lar: I've missed all of you so much. Wait, where is Már...where is my brother?

Me: They're out there with Devin and Masin.

Lar: Oki, you and me have to find a way out of here.

Me: I know, but how? My arms are bound together by a rope.

Lar: Mine are too.

Me: Ok, I know what we can do. We sit back to back, and I untie your rope. Then you untie mines, ok!

Lar: Are you sure that will work?

Me: I don't know, but it's worth a try.

Lar: Alright.

We felt around until we were finally back to back. He moved his hands under mine and I started undoing it.

Me: Damn, my fingers are burning!

Lar: Try to keep going. I can feel the rope loosening up.

Me: Ok.

I kept going until I heard someone come to the door. When the door opened, I heard the rope hit the ground. I guess he got it off the rest of the way. I whispered to him...

Me: Lar, put the rope back on your wrists and act like you're still tied up.

Lar: Oki.

Someone walked in the room. They turned on the lights. I was expecting it to be Masin or Devin, but it was actually my sister and Lau.

*Lar

When I heard them walk in, I was afraid of the torture we would be getting from them. Seeing that it was actually my brother and Már was a huge relief. I turned towards Mér and untied her wrists.

Me: Man, am I glad ya'll found us. MON FRERE!!!

I ran and jumped on him. Everyone else joined in, and we dog piled in the middle of the room.

Lau: Oki Oki, we can rejoice later, but we need to find Devin.

Me: Wait, what do you mean find Devin? You lost him. Where is Masin?

Lau: We'll tell you on the way to find him, but we have to go!

We all walked outside to Masin's car.

Már: So, when Devin pulled Mér away, Lau told me to put the machete down. Lau took Masin's gun from him, and just started fighting him. Let's just say Masin will be unconcious for a while. When Lau was fighting, I went around the house looking for Devin. I spotted him through a room window running through the grass. He got to his car, and sped off.

We got in the car and started driving.

Lau: So while I moved him to the car, Már walked around the house looking for doors that could lead us to finding you. This is the only room that was locked, so she told me to search Masin for a key. I found it in his wallet and walked with her to the room. Lucky for us, the key actually worked and we found you.

Me: Let me get this straight. That's not a huge blanket in the far backseat. It's Masin's unconcious body.

Lau & Már: Yep

Mér: Well, damn. Ok then!

Lar: Do ya'll remember what he was wearing.

Már: Yea, I do.

Lau: I also got Masin's phone.

Mér: We can pretend to be him.

Lar: Good, let's go find this bitch!