Chapter 23

6 years ago

*Lau

~In his dream~

Me: Márrie, Márrisa is here!

Márrie: Wait, what?

She ran in the living room and stopped dead in her tracks.

Márrie: What are you doing here mom?

Márrisa: To take you back home.

Márrie: I'm not going anywhere with you. You wasn't here before, so why now!

Márrisa: Dammit Márrie, I'm trying to do the right thing!

Márrie: Then leave, since you're so good at it. I'm happy where I am now and, I like living here. I lo-like the twins. So....bye!

I couldn't even say anything, I was too in shock with what was happening, and did I hear her correctly? I swear she said she love us, but quickly changed it to like. I don't know, maybe I'm just hearing things.

Márrisa: I'm not leaving until you come with me.

Maman B walked downstairs

Maman B: What's going on?

Márrie stepped in her mother's face.

Márrie: GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD, YOU KILLED OUR MOTHER-DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP BY LEAVING. AND YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST UP AND LEAVE MY HAPPY PLACE BECAUSE YOU'RE MY MOTHER. IF YOU THINK THAT, THEN YOU ARE ALL TYPES OF SCREWED UP IN THE HEAD! NOW LEAVE BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!

Maman B: Everyone please calm down, Larry turn the food off and come here.

He did as told and came where everyone was.

Márrisa: Maman B, tell her she has no choice but to leave since I am her legal guardian!

Lar: You're not!

Márrisa: What you mean, of course I am.

Me: No, Larry right, you wrong. You are not her guardian anymore.

Márrisa: Maman B, is this true?

Maman B: Oui, it is!

Márrisa: WHAT THE HELL MARRIE, YOU DISOWNED ME AND LEFT FOR THEM!

Me and Larry pulled Már back and stood in between them.

Márrie: NO, YOU LEFT ME TO GET YOUR LIFE, SO I DID THE SAME. I DIDN'T LEAVE FOR THEM, I GOT EMANCIPATED, I JUST LIVE HERE. AND YOU BETTER NOT YELL AT ME AGAIN!

Márrie: I CAN YELL ALL I-

Everything after that had happened so quick. Márrie lunged forward and pushed us in opposite directions. Maman B ran after her, but it was too late. They were going at it, like they were fighting to the death.

Márrie: I HATE YOU!

With every punch she landed, she screamed those same words. I tried to pry them off eachother, but all I got were deep scratches on my chest.

Lar: MÁRRIE!

He tried to do what I did, but Maman B pulled him and held him back.

Lar: Maman, laisse-moi partir! Ils tirent sang de l'autre. S'IL VOUS PLAÎT LET ME GO! (Mama, let me go! They are drawing blood off each other. PLEASE LET ME GO!)

By the time Lar said let me go the second time, he was crying while trying to get to her!

Maman B: NON, ils ont besoin de le faire. Elle a besoin d'obtenir cette colère de son système! (NO, they need to do this. She needs to get this anger out of her system!)

I tried to pry them off eachother again and they fell on top of me. All the air was knocked out of me and all I saw was black.

Márrie and Lar: LAURENT!

She gave one more punch to her mom's face and knocked her out. She pushed her mom out the way to get to me. Larry tried to get to me, but Maman was still holding him while he started crying harder. She lifted my head and laid it in her lap.

Márrie: LAU, CAN YOU HEAR ME, LAU!

I felt her tears fall onto my face. I could hear her perfectly, but my body wouldn't let me respond. She just held my body close while she cried.

Maman B: WATCH OUT!

By the time Márrie turned her head, Márrisa was back on her feet and lunged for her. She screamed with her eyes closed and held me tight. When she heard a thud but didn't feel anything, she opened her eyes. What she saw scared her for sure. Larry had gotten free from his maman and took the blows meant for Márrie. He flipped them over and punched back, not to hard though, just hard enough that it would hurt. I would say I hated hearing her mom get hurt, but I didn't. I know Márrie was feeling some way about it by the way her body tensed up. It was like she happy she didn't get to her, but sad Larry was fighting her battle now. He had had enough, so he picked her up, opened the door, and threw her on the grass. He came back in and grabbed her purse, shoes, and anything else of hers and threw it beside her. She stood up and just looked at him in the doorway. She was going to say something, but the look in his eyes said otherwise and his body language told he would be ready for a round two if necessary. Maman B pulled Larry back in the house and walked to Márrisa.

Maman B: It would be best if you just left. You've caused enough trouble as it is.

Márrisa: Maman B, please don't take her side.

Maman B: I'm not, I'm taking my son's sides. You knocked one of mines unconscious and you fought the other. So what sides did you expect me to take?

Maman B turned her back to Márissa and walked to the house, not bothering to look back.

Márissa: THIS AIN'T OVER!

Maman B: IT IS FOR ALL FOUR OF US!

She slammed the door and walked to the living room where Larry and Márrie was sitting by me.

Maman B: Larry, call the ambulance, and tellthem to get here quick. Márrie, call the police and get them over here. We are going to file an immediate restraining order against Márrisa for each of us! I will move Laurent off of the floor and on to the couch, ok!

Lar and Márrie: Ok Maman!

She walked over to me and crouched down. I felt my body lift up as she carried me to the couch. She laid me down and sat above my head. She stroked my face as I felt tears fall into my hair.

Maman B: Laurent, please wake up for Maman!

I was finally able to move my fingers. I bent them to make the O. K. symbol and she gasped.

Maman B: HE'S GONNA BE OK! LAURENT, SWEETIE, I'M HERE. YOU'RE SAFE, HANG IN THERE!

I could hear them running towards me. Someone fell to their knees crying and I heard Lar speak.

Lar: It's gonna be ok.

In that moment, I realized it was Márrie who was crying. In that moment, my heart sunk because I'm the reason that she is crying. In that moment, I fell in love with Márrie!

~Out his dream~

I woke up not knowing how I felt honestly. But that did help me see things clearly, that was the official day I fell in love with her. Now I can tell her!