Chapter Seven.

Rae's P.O.V

We were up and ready by 9:30am, Brodie and Any were saying their goodbye's at the door while Tim, Lukin and I loaded up the cars.

"Ahhh it's so good to be finally going home!" I said a little too loudly. "Ugh I missed my baby!" I hugged my car like no tomorrow.

Pete chuckled. "C'mon, we have to say goodbye." He peeled me off the beautiful glossy car.

There was a line of the three Lockwoods and Jarom. I started at the smirking Jarom first.

"Until next time Alpha." he bowed dramatically.

I followed in suit. "Yes, until then Beta." I smiled.

The Lockwood ladies gave me a few hugs til I got to Tomas, his expression pained. Yet. Again. I'm pretty sure everyone around us knew we were mates by now and probably half this pack. We were alone now.

"Tomas?"

He didn't look up.

"Tomas, look at me." I softly commanded, bringing my hand to caress his cheek.

His blue eyes pierced through me. "I'll see you soon." my voice soothing. My wolf felt content, touching him but I can still feel the irritation of leaving him again.

He wrapped his long toned arms around my waist and pulled me into his hard chest, his chin lightly resting on my head while I snuggled against him, grabbing fists of his shirt wanting him closer.

"Be safe sweetheart." he mumbled against my hair and planted a sweet kiss on my forehead.

I smirked. Really? I was definitely not defenceless. "You too Tomas." I said turning towards the vehicles.

Tim brought his big Jeep to which all the couples raced to. Lukin however, stuck to my side. He sat in the passenger seat twiddling his thumbs on his lap.

"Ready?" I say with a big smile, slipping on my aviators.

"Definitely." his voice, well it sounded new. Not the quiet and gentle one he had when I first met him, it sounded stronger.

"I assume the others warned you of my 'crazy driving huh?"

He nodded with a sheepish smile.

And I rolled my eyes. "And yet you still come with me?"

"Y-Yeah," he blushed, "I-I don't really know your pack members yet. They didn't really know I was coming." he looked down.

Shoot. I forgot to tell them I was bringing Lukin, I guess I was too excited to get home.

"Sorry, I forgot to mention it to them. Was too much in a hurry to get home." I say starting the engine and racing down the driveway.

"It's okay, Alpha Tomas told them."

Bless his soul.

I took this road trip to get to know Lukin. He flinched each time I growled under my breath at stupid humans who couldn't drive. Other than that he was a good company to keep, enjoying the silence. He'd talk now and then, not wanting to fill the time with useless chatter. That was just fine with me.

I learned that he was turning 17 in a weeks time. So I asked him what he wanted, he said nothing much.

I had rolled my eyes and lightly nudged his bony shoulder. 'Yeah right!' I thought. He just smiled.

I looked at my time as we pulled into the garage, I didn't want to give Lukin a heart attack before we got home.

"Welcome home." I smile as I sniff the familiar scents of my pack.