Chapter Twelve.

A/N; Here's another chapter just coz it's almost xmas! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting in the office doing some paperwork Jye sent me to approve of when I saw the date on one of the letters.

19th of December.

"Shoot! It's Jye's birthday tomorrow and almost christmas!" I hissed to myself.

I scurried around my office trying to think of what to get my brother. I started to worry because I had forgot his birthday and pretty much a day after that will be mine. It'll be too late to order anything now.

"Ahh crapballs!" I sighed.

Lukin slid through the slightly open door, "Are you okay miss?" His eyes held worry.

"Yes thanks, why's that?"

"Ohh. It's just-I don't know how to explain it. It's like I get the this instinct, like I have this impulse to come to you. Not like that miss but-" He cut himself off, blushing bright red.

"I know. It must be the guardian thing?" I say to myself.

He looked a little confused.

"Oh I don't believe I've told you  but apparently Luke, you are my royal guardian." I let those words linger for a bit.

At first I thought he was gonna faint but then a huge smile spread across his face and his eyes were humbled.

"Really miss? Woah."

"I'm pretty lucky the moon goddess herself choose you." I smile genuienly up at him and draw him in for a hug.

"The moon goddess herself?" he sounded so surprised. "Me? Really?"

"Yes you." I laugh. "I've only heard a small bit about royal guards." I say pulling him into one of the seats. "I've heard these guardians have powers no other wolf has unless you are a guardian. They can sense when the wolf they are destined to protect feels threatened, on edge or in my case, worried. They have a special bond between the two, the need to protect each other. They can fully trust each other with their lives."

"Wow. I didn't know." he sat back in the seat awe-struck. "Just wow." he grinned.

"I know right? I'll say it again, I'm very lucky to have you as my guardian and I do trust you with my life and I feel like I can tell you anything and trust you to keep it." I tell him truthfully.

"As I am grateful to you miss. I better go, I have to prep with Any and Pete with training for tomorrow morning."

"Sure."

"Oh and one more thing, Any wants to speak to you afterwards." he said holding onto the door.

"What about?"

"Uhm not sure, she just told me to pass it on."

"Alright, thanks Luke." I say getting back to pacing around the huge desk.

'What to get Jye this year? Hmmm. It'll be our first birthdays without our parents.' I thought to myself.

'Paint.' My wolf offered.

'Paint what?'

'Something that has meaning to the both of you.' she replied.

'That's a great idea but I've only a few hours to do it and let it dry.'

'Do a small one, or sketch something?'

'Yeah I'll draw.'

I was somewhat very good at art. My father was excellent at it too, he taught me everything. Jye thought it was really nerdy but he did admit that my art work was pretty good.