Chapter Seventeen.

~~~~~~~Contains sexual content ;) So if you can't handle it, don't read this chapter :o If you're like ten or something or you don't like sexual stuff then I suggest you don't read this chapter at all. ~~~~~~~

"That's Lillie?" I say.

He nodded. Tears streaming down his face, I rushed to his side and wrapped my arms around him. "Shh don't worry. She'll be fine."

He sobbed, I've never seen him this fragile before.

An hour later, Carmen came out.

"They are both in a stable condition. Alpha Tomas had enough silver in his system to kill a whole pack. He'll be resting for a couple of days or so. The girl will be fine but it'll take her at least a week to fully recover. Years of malnutrition and abuse has slowed down her system a little bit but nothing too major. As soon as she recovers she'll be back to normal. She's healing well because she has warrior blood in her, I'm guessing she is of some relation to you?" she asked Luke.

Not trusting his voice, he nodded.

"Ahh I see. Alpha," she turns my way, "he'll be fine. Y'all can go see them now."

"Thank you two so much!" I say and hug them her and went through the doors towards my mate.

He looked so peaceful his exhaustion showed in his sleeping face. I sat on the chair next to his bed and held his hand in mine. My eyes stung from hot tears, they trailed down my face at the realisation of almost losing him.

"Come back to me." I whisper.

He lightly squeezed my hand. I looked up, his eyes tiredly fluttered open.

"Hey there beautiful." he smiled weakly and winced.

Even in his hazy state he could still make me blush.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I ask softly through tears.

"Well waking up to see your beautiful face is great, how about you sweetheart?"

I rolled my eyes. "I feel a hell lot better now that you're safe. I was worried like hell and was ready to go on a rampage." I gently caress his cheek, he leans into the simple touch.

"Hmm that wouldn't be good now won't it Miss Blain. Come here." he shifted over on the bed.

"Don't move!" I fret.

"It's okay, I'm healing. Come here."

"You need to rest Tomas."

"No. What I need is you, now come here." his voice was almost pleading.

I sighed. And hopped on the bed next to him, careful not to hurt him. As soon as I got on, he pulled me into him and held me tight around my waist. His head rested against my chest as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, we lay there holding each other. My chin resting on his head, my hands stroking his soft dark hair. His breathing became light and steady, he'd fallen asleep. Soon my own eyes became heavy, I was so comfortable with having him back in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up tucked comfortably up against Tomas in the same room, same clothes. There was an extra blanket thrown over us, the rooms got quite cold at night and in the mornings. I decided to get up and go check on Luke and his sister but the iron grip Tomas had around me told me he was getting better.

"Tomas?"

"Hmm yes?" he says half asleep, nuzzling my neck.

'Yup! He's getting better!' I thought to myself.