Chapter 2- A Good Girl At Heart

"Aabria Jailyn Randall! You better be up!" I yelled after my four-year-old daughter, as I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and unraveled the Bantu knots in my hair; rushing because I had to be at work in less than an hour.

"But mommy you not ready." She stands in the bathroom doorway with her arms folded across her chest, her wild poofy hair was hanging freely all over her head, she looked adorable. I chuckled and eyed her.

"You getting' smart with me miss thang?" I questioned in sassy tone as I roll my neck, causing her roar into laughter.

"No!" She giggles. "My birthday tomorrow?"

"Yes, Ma'am! You will be five years old!" I say with a hint of excitement as I separate my curls, being sure their not too close together.

"Yay!"

"Go put on those clothes that I put on your bed baby," I tell her.

"Alright."

After ten minutes I put the finishing touches on my hair, I smiled while checking out the style in the mirror, it was beyond lovely The twist I did the night before resulted in being a full thick curly afro, my baby hairs were laid down perfectly and all. I gathered up all of my hair products and placed them back into the hall closet.

Then I went into my room and begin to get dressed into the outfit I picked out the night before, I placed on my black leggings that made my butt look more plumped and round then I put on my wool knitted sweater branded by Ralph Lauren, colored a dark french pink with a purple horse on the right side, the v-neck of it showed off my well-endowed breast, I slipped on my cardy classic uggs that had the same fabric and color is my sweater. I stood in front of the mirror stationed on my wall, my reflection staring back at me told me I was beautiful. I have a short frame, only standing 5'0 and weighing 119 pounds, I have a small waist but somewhat of an hour glass frame. My skin is colored a warm Hershey chocolate, I believe that I am pretty. I admire my beauty even when others don't.

I have a baby girl to raise, I have to love myself so she can love hers. After placing on my earring and applying a little amount of lipstick. I walk over to my bed and take my phone off the charger, then searching through my contacts for a certain number. I pressed call, waiting for an answer.

"Hello." He answered in jaded tone.

"Jason, it's Makeila." I tell him as I hug the phone more on my ear.

"What?"

"Your daughter birthday is tomorrow and I'm taking her to this small play land near LA, it would nice if you could come and even buy her a gift. She'll like that. She wants to see you, it's been a year since she saw you. ." I explain to him, hoping that he wouldn't be a total ass hole about it and would just say he'll come without any trouble or excuses.

"Imma be busy and I ain't got no money. You should've told me sooner." He says.

"Jason comes on, it's her fifth birthday. You don't have to get her a gift, you seeing her is enough." I assured him.

"Nah...I gotta get her something. And since I don't have anything. I can't."

"Why do you have to be petty about every situation? Do you love your daughter." I ask in a curious tone. I felt the need to know because he always acts like it's a problem to talk to her or come see her.

"Yeah, I guess." He takes a deep breath. "I gotta go, though. Tell her I said happy birthday, I ain't gon' be able to make it."

"You know what Jay, you don't have to tell her nothing. You are such a lazy excuse for a father. You can't even break your back to give her a phone call. It's not like you're busy, you have no job. So I don't see the real problem."