Chapter 5- Keep Ya Head Up

"Damn, this what I'm talkin' 'bout fam." Bishop says at he sits at his desk counting the money I made within four days, It was almost 3,000 dollars. He nodded and smirked. Then went into his drawer and pulled out a wad of cash then tossed it to me.

"Keep doing what you doing. But word of advice, don't sell and ride around in the beamer. Niggas on the block we'll see you livin lavish and try to rob your ass. Then the police gon' get suspicious, I got a hummer I don't put to use, you can use to make your deliveries if you want." He suggests.

"I'll take it." I nod.

"You think you need some heat?" He questions referring to a gun.

"Yeah." I shrug.

He rises from his seat and shove his hands into his pocket, then goes across the hall and open a door to the closet, he shuffles everything then brings his attention towards me with a glock in his hands, he gives it to me and I place it on my waist line.

"Good lookin'" I nod.

"Can't have my boy unarmed when the block is hot."

"Well let me get out of here." I stretch my hand out and we give each other a brotherly hug.

"A'ight,call me if you need me."

"I got you fam"

****

I entered Keiro Nursing Home, fearful and high strung. The grip I had on the flowers I were holding was so tight that the end started to bent, I took a deep breath and approached the front desk, where a young white female receptionist was staring at me while twirling a black ink pen between her fingertips.

"Hello are you here to see some one day."

"Y-y-yea An--" I took a deep breath and cleared my throat. "Yes, I am here to Angelique Warrior."

"And who are you to her?" She questions.

"Her son." I stated

She stands up and straightens out her brown blouse. "I'll take you to her room, follow me." She says as she gestures for me to trail behind. We finally make it to her room, I stared at the name tag on her door and begin to get nervous.

The receptionist knocks on the door softly. "Angel, your son is here for you."

After a few moments we got no response so she opened the door and there was my mother sitting in the chair with her back facing us, smoke flowed above her head as she smoked on her cigarette. I found the strength to walk in, the receptionist gave us some privacy so I closed the door. I hovered over my mother with a wide smile, she still looked the same, warm mocha skin with thick long hair that stopped in the middle of her hair.

"Wassup ma?" I said joyfully as set flowers down on her small and bent down to give her hug. I then let her go and sat on her bed.

"How you been mama, you look good."

She stared me down with one of her eyebrows raised then looked out the window and continued to ignore presence.

"You know I just got out last weekend, and um I've been working with Bishop. He's like the only one who doesn't hate my ass. I got you these flowers, cause I know back at home you use to put them gardening tools to work, oh l-look at this rose."

I pulled out a pink rose, from the flower bouquet. "You remember this, those roses you planted in '03 and they bloom every where. I was riding pass the house and I saw them in back yard and I was like yo....this mama favorite." I chuckled but she folded her lips and stared out the window her ignoring broke my heart into pieces.