Chapter 15-Higher Level

Chapter 15- Higher Level

Zayn

I come out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and washing my face, it was 11:30 and Makiela was still in the bed asleep, which is odd because she's usually up before both Bri and I, cooking us breakfast or cleaning the house.

I open our bed room door and started going down the stairs, but I heard Bri weeping from her room. I quietly cracked open the door and saw her sitting on the floor crying.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask allowing myself in.

"Nothing." She lies and begin to wipe away her tears.

I sit on the end of her bed and pick her up sitting her on my lap. "What's wrong, why are you crying? Did you hurt your self?"

She shakes her head from side to side. "No."

"Then what's wrong?" I ask once more.

"My daddy doesn't love me....because he lied to me two times. I want to like my daddy but he always hurt my feelings. He doesn't want me."

"Well your dad is a kid just like you and he and your mom had you very young....so he doesn't know how to really take care of you....or love you the right way."

"My mommy had me very young...but she cares for me and love me. I'm just ugly....that's why he doesn't love me. Maybe if I was prettier he would want me to be his daughter like my sister Hannah....she goes to my school but we never talked....shes the coolest girl in school, she has really light skin and have curly hair.....I tell everyone me and her has the same dad.. no one believes me Zayn.....maybe daddy loves her cause she's prettier. He always picks her up from school."

What I just heard made me upset, how could he care for one daughter and not the other, what type of shit is that. This nigga must choose what kids he wants to deal with and the ones he don't, he's stupid.

I carry my baby girl over to mirror and point to her reflection. "You are beautiful Bri, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Dark skin is beautiful, short curly hair is beautiful. Everything about you is beautiful baby girl, you wanna know why I love you?"

"Why?"

"Because you have such a loving heart, your pretty like mommy and you are the best skater in the world and you help me cook and clean and your so smart. I love you and I wish you were my daughter cause your amazing."

She cheeses showing all of her baby teeth, "I am your daughter!" She playfully frowns and pinches my nose.

"Do you want your real dad to be around?" I questioned.

"No....because he always lies and hurt me. I want you to be my new daddy, because your nice, you buy me dolls and you got me a room, and you bought me skates....and you cook me tacos and other good things and uhhh...your just so cool and you make my mommy happy. She always talks about you to Auntie Ty"

"Dang you are sweet baby girl." I kiss her cheek. "And your mama be talkin about me."

"Mhmm...but why does she call you Daddy too if your not her father? Granddad is her daddy."

"Touchè little one...touchè. Um I don't know honestly...some girlfriends call thier boyfriends daddy...cause its cool I guess I-I don't know." I widened my eyes.

"When I grow up ima call my boyfriend daddy too." She smiles.

"Your never gonna get a boyfriend well some day when your like a hundred years old you will but for now....you gon' stay focused in school and skating. You don't have time for boys."