Chapter 12- Fighter

Chapter 12- Fighter

Zayn
I ran pass everyone and make my way to the the building that was burning down in flames. I knew that I had to save Makiela. I begin to rush in but is stopped right away by a fire fighter.

"No son you can't go in here, it's not safe." I ignore his statement and dash right into the building, flames were everywhere and the smoke nearly blinded my eyesight.

I cough from the heavy smoke and begin to ease my way through the spots that was clear from a blaze, I finally make it to the apartment and the door is hot, they say don't touch a hot door when but shit...I kick it open and see that the whole apartment is crowded with flames, thank god the door way was clear.

I run to the back and see Makiela stretched out on the floor, if I hadn't had got to her sooner the sheet of flames would've burnt her . I bend down and lift her up bridal style. I then have to do the same process to get out of building.

When I make it out, I see that she is covered in debris but no burns. I begin to cough up a storm, A fire fighter takes her from me before I could react and I follow him into the paremdic truck.

"Is she breathing?!" I panicked.

"I don't feel a pulse, we gotta revive her before it's too late, let's go! Let's go!" A woman says and everyone begin to rush.

"Sir you can't be in here." I am told as I'm being forced off the truck.

"Why not?!"

"Out!"

They get me out and close the doors. Then they pull off.

****

"Is mommy gonna die?" Aabria cries as she sit on my lap with her head on my chest as were sitting in the hospital waiting area eager to hear news on Makiela's well being.

"No....she's gonna be okay we just have to keep faith." I force myself to tell her, I prayed to God for the last three hours, something is telling me that she's alive and well.

"She's gonna be all burnt up, I don't want my mommy to be burnt up.....all my toys are gone...everything is gone!" She cries.

"I'm gonna a buy you a whole bunch of new toys, it's gonna be okay Bria. I promise."

"I want my mommy!" I cradle her to calm her down and kiss her forehead.

After twenty minutes Makiela's parents, Mr. and Mrs . Randall, Makiela's parents, come rushing through the hospital doors. I stand up and Aabria runs over to her grandfather.

"What happen Zayn?" Mr. Randall ask concerned.

"Um....im not sure sir. I know before me and Aabria went to the store Kiela was complaining about an electric smell, I don't know if we had a something plugged up that had bad wiring or it came from the outlets...I'm not sure."

"Is she okay?" Mrs. Randall asks with tears streaming from down her face.

"She wasn't breathing when I got to her, I'm praying that they succeeded with reviving her and that's why they're taking so long." My voice cracks.

She begins to cry while gravitating backwards but her husband catches her and holds her close to his chest while comforting her. I looked down to see Aabria on my leg, I pick her up and rub her back.