Chapter 6- Christmas Time

Zayn

(2001, Christmas Eve Age 10)

"Leave me alone man, I ain't doing this with you!" I screamed as I attempted to flea down the stairs but he pulled me by the back neck bag and dragged me back to him.

"You gon do what I want you to boy!" He shouted and shoved me into the wall, I looked into his cold eyes and begin to shiver from the fear I was enduring.

"No! It's not right, God wouldn't want this." I said with tears racing down my cheeks. I breathed hard and prayed in my head, that he would just let me be. I didn't like the things he did to me every night.

He yanked me by my collar and threw me around the small hall way. "Stop being a little bitch boy and get yo' ass in that room."

"Nah!" I strived to run away but I failed, he pushed me inside my room and closed the door. I stood up and grabbed my silver steel baseball bat, I aimed to hit him in head but missed hitting his shoulder.

He groaned in pain. "Boy!" The bat was snacthed out of my hand and tossed across the room. He grabbed me and forced me onto the bed, pinning me on my stomaching pressed my head againts the comforters, I could barely breathe.

He began his process by pulling down my black basketball shorts. "Stop! Stop! Mama!" I tried to yell but my words were being muffled. He stripped me out of my undergarments and I felt him go inside of me anally, I yelled in pain and continued to scream from my mother; but she never came to my rescue.

****

Next Morning

"It's Christmas boy,wake up." He hovered over me, I fully awoke from slumber and dragged my feet into the living, where my mother was holding my baby sister in her lap helping her open a present.

"Good morning little boy." She grinned at me and pat the empty seat next her, I took the seat and laid my head on her shoulder, looking for comfort.

"Stop it Zay." She squirmed gettinng my head off of her. "Open that big present up.....over there on the right."

****

"Mama where Shane go?" I ask referring to her husband. She was at the kitchen stripping the fat off of a whole chicken. She looked over her shoulder.

"He went to go get some yams, why?"

"Mama....he keep on touching me."

She froze in place and turned to look at me. "Touching you how?"

I stayed silent, because I did not know how to tell her that I was hurting, I sat down at the kitchen table and ran my fingers through my wooly hair, she kept her attention on me waiting for an answer. "He just keeps putting his hands on me and stuff."

"Well if he beating your ass you probably deserve it, all you gotta do is be respectful." She tells me, then turn off the water and dry her hands off with a cloth and quick vanishes out of the kitchen.

Present Day

I drove down the highway with some old school gangsta shit bumping through my stereos, Today was Christmas, so I had people hitting my line ready for their daily dos. Tate was one of them who wanted some of the good stuff that Bishop just had ship in, I pulled into his drive way, and shut my engine off then climbed out of the car.

As I was walking to his door step a elderly black woman mugged me as she watered her grass, as if my presence upset, I shrugged it off and knocked on the door waiting for an answer. After a few moments he finally opened the door, with a worn out look on his face. "What's up fam." His hand rised asking for a brotherly hug.