Chapter 8- Lose Something But Win Something

Zayn

"You ready to die?"

I felt myself tensing up but I wasn't scared, nothing was running through my mind at this point. The lights then turned on and I cornered my eyes, and saw that my boy Tate was the trigger man.

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Look Tate you know I had lo--"

"Shut the fuck up!" I was punched in my stomach him. I groaned and kneeled down in pain, I then was kicked in my back, now laying on the cold floor looking straight at him.

Tate genuflected beside me, and aimed the gun close to face. "You killed my sister g?" He asks with a serious expression forming his face.

"Nah, you know I wouldn't play you like that. You got the wrong person T. Put the gun down and let's talk this shit out."

"Where the money at?" He ignores my suggestion.

"I ain't got no money okay? I say in a calm tone. "I would never do this to you fam, I loved your sister too. Remember I knew you since we was in middle school.....we fought together it ain't no way I would come out of the pin and set you up. It ain't no way."

Tate looked down at the ground, I could tell a nigga been crying cause his face was blood shot red along with his eyes. I truly felt bad for him he didn't deserve this.

"Explain to me why your girl jumped on her?" He ask. "You and them hoes ain't set her up?"

"Look man, Resha started that fight. She approached me....and we start arguing over some petty shit and that's when she went off on ol girl."

"You know what nigga....I don't even believe yo' ass." He stands up and cocks the gun back. I then tackled him to ground as he pulled the trigger and we begin to fight over his gun. I didn't want to hurt him, my main objective was just to remove the gun from his presence.

As he was throwing shots in the air pointing the gun up, I lowered it down, I can feel the heat of it and that startled me but I wasn't going to let one of my best friends take my life over a lie.

"Put the gun down nigga, I ain't kill her!" I scream to try to convince him. He pressed the gun into my side, but I pushed it away, adruptly it went off and blood splatted every where. I looked up to see that I wounded my friend in the head on accident.

"Damn!" I hissed.

****

"Put him in the back of the truck, yall know what to do get it done. Don't talk to nobody, do the job." I hear Bishop say to his goons, after doing what I did. I called him because he was the only one who could help me in this situation Tate was his closest friend and his trap runner, I could see how he was feelong about.

I sit on my couch and stare down at the ground, with my hands intertwined together and pressed againts my mouth. What just occured had me desavated, I didn't want it to go down like this.

"Aye...." Bishiop grips my shoulder and sits beside me. "Don't sweat it man."

"I killed our nigga g. All I wanted to do was take the gun away from him and explained to him that I didn't do that shit to Resha. I'm sorry man."

"Look nigga....you ain't got nothing to be sorry about, you did what you had to do to defend your self. Bruh tried to kill you....you did what you had to do....im not mad." He tells me.