Chapter 7- Getting 2 Know Each Other

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I open my eyes wide and pull the covers off of my body; the cold temperature in my room was giving me goose bumps. I let my eyes adjust and settle from sun beaming through my window, I was happy to see that it was sunny day, since it's mostly been cloudy and damp.

I finally get out of the bed and use the bathroom. I wash my hands and decide not to brush my teeth until I make me some breafast, I took a shower when I came home last night so I'm good on hygeine.

I grab my phone then exit my room and jog down my staircase, my living room was a mess and today was the day that I was going to clean up, I'm the type of a nigga who likes a clean place, none of that cluttered shit.

I grab the remote and press the power button and the morning news was on, I then walk into the kitchen and open up the fridge.

I pull out the carton of eggs, along with sausage and stored pancake batter so I can make myself something good to smash on on. After ten minutes of cooking the news broadcast catches my attention.

"Tayresha Nelson, Antonio Pride, and a young lady by the name of Salena Keystone were all shot dead in a house party last night in South Central near Crenshaw. Witnesses say they did not see the gun man and didn't know what triggered someone to do such a thing."

I rush to the television to see Tayresha's and two other peoples' picture on the screen. My heart feels as if it's about to explode and lead me to hurtful death. My eyes begin to water as I think of her being gone, she wasn't my girl but I had love for her and strong feelings.

"Damn!" I say as I kick the nearest thing I see. I bury my face in my the center of my palms as I sit on the couch and try to let the thought of her being gone and install inside of my mind.

Ring....ring....ring...ring..

I pick up my phone as it rings, the caller id shows that it's Bishop. I press the green button to answer put him on speaker phone.

"Did you see the news man?" He ask.

I suck my teeth and hang my head my low as I run my hand down my face. "Yeah I seen it. What the fuck is going on?"

"That's what I wanna know. What did you do?" Him asking that caught me off guard; I knit my eyebrows together frowning hard as if he can see me.

"What the fuck do you mean what did I do?"

"I know you didn't do nothing coz, rumors going around that you set her up and had one of the girls who came with you peel her cap back and you got her for that insurance money her pops gave her."

I then begin to angry, these type of lies can not lead me back to the joint. "First of all they didn't come with me!"

"But they left with you." He voices. I then stand up and hover over the phone.

"They came in a Uber! Now you know better than anybody else that I had love for Resha! You know I've been chilling with her since I was 16 so don't play bruh! I would never kill that girl!" I yell, allowing my voice to echo through the house.

"Alright calm down man, I know you wouldn't do that. But I want to know who did shawty and her peeps ain't have to go out like that." He speaks in a low tone.

"How's Tate doin fam?" I questioned.

"He ain't holdin up....I called this morning and he hung up. He not even at the crib."