Chapter 1

Amelia and her friend Annie were sitting in a comfortable silence; both staring out of Amelia's living room window; when they finally saw something to talk about. Two guys: a tall, blonde haired guy and a slightly shorter, slightly darker haired guy, moving into the house next door.

"Looks like you've got new neighbours," Annie pointed out.

"They would be yours too, if you didn't live in France," Amelia answered. Annie rolled her eyes. She had recently gotten married and moved to France with her husband after years of being housemates with Amelia.

"You should bake them something; make them feel welcomed into the neighbourhood," she suggested.

This time it was Amelia's turn to roll her eyes. "That is just so cheesy. And I'm not going to do anything for them,"

"Oh come on. It might do you some good to talk to someone other than yourself," Annie joked.

"I don't talk to myself!" Amelia insisted.

"Oh come on, there's no denying it. And what's the harm in being a nice person every once in a while?" Annie asked.

"I'm always a nice person," Amelia replied.

"Right, and I'm Spanish. I seriously don't understand what your problem is. The two of them seem nice," Annie tried.

"You can barely even see them" she said.

"Amelia..." started Annie.

"No Annie" Amelia interrupted. They sat in silence again. Ever since Annie had moved away, they had started to drift apart. Watching the two guys carrying boxes from the moving van and into their new house. Then a third guy came up to them and started doing the same thing. He was tall and had dark hair.

"Looks like there are three of them" Annie said.

"What, do you think they have some sort of three-way agreement going on?" Amelia asked, thinking about the different ways that could work.

"No Amelia" Annie sighed. She stood up. "Come on" she ordered, grabbing Amelia's hand.

"What are you doing?" Amelia asked.

"We're going to say hi to your new neighbours" Annie answered.

"Annie, seriously?" Amelia tutted. This was typical of Annie.

"Yes," Amelia knew there wasn't any use in arguing so reluctantly walked after her friend.