Chapter 2

The three guys had finished taking everything into the house and the door was closed. Annie knocked on it loudly.

"They aren't deaf," Amelia sighed, rolling her eyes. Annie gave her a look to tell her to shut up and then the door opened. The tall blonde guy answered it.

"Yes?" he asked. Amelia didn't say anything. She was looking at his eyes. They were a nice shade of blue, she thought. Annie nudged her shoulder.

"H – Hi," Amelia said nervously.

"Hi?" the guys asked rudely.

"I'm Amelia. I live next door," Amelia tried; speaking as sweetly as she could despite the guy's rude tone.

"Great. Bye" he replied. Amelia looked at him in shock. Wow, he had a problem.

"You don't have to be so rude" Amelia snapped.

"Oh I'm sorry, goodbye," the guy replied sarcastically.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she said, walking back down the garden path and into her house, slamming the door only a second after Annie had walked in.

...

From his doorway, Jack rolled his eyes then mentally cursed at himself. Why was he such an idiot? He had just insulted his new neighbour. His hot new neighbour. "Jack? Who was that?" Dan called from the kitchen.

"Hot chick that lives next door. Bit of an idiot though," Jack answered. "And rude,"

"Were you rude first?" Ciaran asked.

"I'm never rude," Jack said.

"Right... did she say her name?" Dan asked.

"Um... Amy, or something? Maybe Amelia?" he said.

"Are you asking or telling?"

"Telling. I don't remember to be honest," Jack lied. Of course he remembered. "There was another chick with her. Less hot but still got potential," Jack continued.

Dan sighed at his housemate's rudeness and arrogance. "Did you ask her name?"

"No. I'm going to have a shower," Jack said. Ciaran and Dan looked at each other.

"We should probably go over there and apologise or something. No doubt he insulted her," Dan suggested. Ciaran nodded and they walked next door.