Chapter 23

The two of them went into the YouTube space and while Hazel said hello to everyone, Rowan hung back nervously. What if someone recognised her? "Amy?" Rowan swivelled round and broke into a grin when she saw Jack walking towards her. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Hazel," she explained., pointing to the blonde. Hazel waved at them and continued talking to a group of people. Then she joined the couple.

"Hey Jack," Hazel smiled.

"Why did you bring Amy here?" Jack asked; his voice suddenly cold. Rowan's heart dropped – maybe he really was an arse?

"Jack, you don't have to be so rude to Amelia. She is your girlfriend, after all," Hazel winked.

"You told her?" Jack asked Rowan.

"Of course I told her!" Rowan replied.

"Why of course? Do girls tell each other everything?" Jack asked.

"Every little detail," Rowan smirked.

"Really?" Jack asked softly. "Well, I guess it won't matter if I do this then..." he continued, walking over to Rowan and bringing her into a warm hug. The two of them kissed passionately; butterflies rose in Rowan's stomach.

"Umm, excuse me! I do not need to see that!" Hazel joked. Jack and Rowan ignored her and continued kissing. Hazel pulled Rowan out of his embrace. "Okay! Enough is enough. God, you're like a couple of love struck teenagers," she said.

"I don't know about teenagers, but love struck..." Jack started; pulling Rowan gently back towards him. "I'll see you later," and they kissed again; Rowan was smiling. They broke apart and Jack left his arm on the small of Rowan's back for a few seconds.

"You guys are cute," Hazel smiled.

"I know," Jack replied as Rowan blushed.

"Come on, I wanna go shopping!" she exclaimed.

Hazel laughed. "Bye Jack, I'll probably see you later," she said.

"Bye Hazel," Jack replied; quickly kissing Rowan again. "Bye Amy,"

"See ya," Rowan said softly. Her happiness had disappeared and been replaced by guilt again.