Chapter 6

Amelia groaned and opened her eyes at the urgent knocking at her door. Grabbing her phone, she saw that she had a text message from Annie saying she had landed safely. She quickly sent a reply.

Amelia stumbled off the sofa and made her way to the door, checking her reflection in the mirror as she went past. She looked awful. Her dark hair was a mess; hardly even in a bun anymore; her eyes were bloodshot; she had dark circles and bags under them.

No wonder Mark cheated on me. She thought to herself. Amelia blinked back her tears and sighed. She opened the door and scowled when she saw the same blonde Irish woman that was friends with Jack. What was her name? Holly? Hazel?

"Hi, Amelia right?" Hazel said cheerfully.

"What's it to you?" Amelia snapped. She wasn't in the mood. Hazel's smile didn't even falter.

"I just thought you might want some company?" she asked, pushing past Amelia and into her house.

"No thanks," Amelia said. "I'd rather be alone," Hazel ignored her and went into the kitchen.

"Your house really is a mess," she pointed out.

"I don't care," Amelia replied. "Please just go," her voice cracked as she said it. Hazel noticed and looked at her sympathetically.

"I'm not gonna go. So you may as well tell me what's bothering you," she insisted.

"I don't even know you," Amelia said weakly. She sat on the kitchen counter and pulled her knees up to her chest. Hazel went up to her and put a comforting arm on her shoulder. At her touch, Amelia's eyes filled with tears. "I don't even know you..." she repeated softly.

"Oh sweetie... it's okay. What's the matter?" Hazel asked the crying girl in front of her; rubbing her back comfortingly.

Amelia started sobbing. "It's... it's nothing," she choked out.

"We know that's not true. You can tell me Amelia," Hazel assured her, pulling her into a hug. For a few minutes Amelia sobbed into Hazel's arms, grateful that she finally had someone to cry into. And then, once she had calmed down a little, she started to explain.

"My... um, my boyfriend, Mark. He... I found out that he was... cheating on me with one of my best friends," Amelia said sadly. "I only found out a couple of weeks ago but it must have been going on for a while... I walked in on them... you know," she continued. Hazel pulled her into another warm hug.

"What a prick," Hazel said finally. "You deserve better than him. And her,"

Amelia shrugged. "Well he must have had a reason, right?" she asked with a small frown.

"Yeah, he's an inconsiderate arse hole," Hazel insisted. Amelia shook her head slightly. "Listen. I know you're upset about what happened but he's not worth your tears. Or a messy house. I'm guessing that's why you haven't cleaned. Well, I'm hoping because if not, well..." Hazel trailed off.

"Two years... we were together two years. He was the first guy that ever loved me, he was the guy that took my virginity, he was the guy that I thought I was going to marry Hazel. Of course he's worth my tears..." Amelia said, tears falling again.

Hazel looked at her sympathetically. "Come on," she ordered, grabbing her hand and sliding her off the counter.

"What?"

"We're going shopping," she answered.

"I'm not really in the mood..." Amelia tried.

"Of course you're not. But we're going anyway. I'll call Louise, she's staying in London at the moment," Hazel said cheerfully.

"Who's Louise?"

"My friend. And now your friend," Hazel said. Amelia's stomach plummeted. A realisation had hit her: she knew Hazel from somewhere. She knew her from YouTube. She had a YouTube channel. And if Louise was the Louise she thought it was, she could not meet her...