Chapter 22

"Hello?" "Hazel, I need your advice. Can we meet for coffee?" "Sure, meet me at the Starbucks opposite the YouTube space. You know where that is?" "Yeah," "Great. I'll see you in an hour," "Thank you," Rowan sighed in relief and hung up. She chose to wear a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt and white converses.

When Rowan arrived at the Starbucks, she saw that Hazel was already sitting at a table. Rowan took a deep breath and slowly approached her. Hazel smiled warmly at her. "Hi, I ordered you a cappuccino,"

"Thanks. I think I'm still drunk," she joked.

Hazel laughed. "You did drink a lot last night,"

"I remember everything though," Rowan replied.

"You say it like it's a bad thing,"

"No, not bad. Just confusing," Rowan mumbled thank you to the waiter as he gave her her drink.

"So, you said you needed my advice?" Hazel started.

"Yeah..." Rowan sighed. "Jack and I..." she trailed off and Hazel gasped.

"You and Jack? Slept together?" Hazel asked her. Rowan nodded and grimaced. "Did... does he remember?"

"He made me breakfast," Rowan said.

"Oh,"

"And asked me to be his girlfriend,"

"Oh... and did you say yes?" Hazel asked hesitantly.

"Of course I said yes,"

"So... what advice do you need?" Hazel asked.

"He doesn't know who I am," Rowan sighed, putting her head in her hands.

"Sweetie, you've got to tell him," Hazel replied softly.

"I can't. You've heard what he says about my sister," Rowan argued sadly. Hazel smiled sympathetically.

"Do you see yourself having a future with him?" she asked.

"We've only been together for, like, two hours!" Rowan exclaimed impatiently.

"Yes, but Rowan, if you leave it too long, he's going to find out from someone else and it's gonna backfire. You need to tell Jack who you are," Hazel tried.

"But why? He's going to judge me because of my family. I'm nothing like my family," Rowan argued.

"Jack wouldn't do that. But he'll feel betrayed if you hide the truth for too long,"

"Why is my life such a fucking mess?!" Rowan exclaimed. A mother turned around and glared at the pair.

"It's not a mess, sweetie... it's just difficult at the moment," Hazel said. A tear trickled down Rowan's cheek. "Oh, sweetie, don't cry. Everything will turn out okay,"

"What am I supposed to do?" Rowan asked.

"I really think you should tell him," Hazel said truthfully.

"Can't you do it?" Rowan begged.

"No, Rowan, you have to. It will be better coming from you, anyway," Hazel replied. Rowan shook her head slowly.

"I can't," she whispered.

"Well, I mean... For now, you don't have to. But don't leave it too long," Hazel suggested.

Rowan nodded slightly. "Thanks Hazel,"

"It's okay. Come on, I think our shopping trip is long overdue. I have to get something from YouTube first though," Hazel smiled.

"Okay," Rowan sighed.