Chapter 34

Two hours later, Jack arrived. He was very confused. He had gotten a call from Louise asking him to come to this address but he had no idea who lived here... Zoe opened the door nervously and Jack tried his best to hide his hatred. He really despised the woman...

"Thanks for coming, Jack," Zoe said softly. She was also trying to hide any negative feelings.

"You're welcome? I've got to be honest with you, I have no idea why Louise asked me to come here. Is she okay?" Jack asked, walking in to the living room.

"I'm fine Jack," Louise said softly.

"Okay... great, so is there a reason I'm here?" he asked impatiently.

"It's about Amelia," Louise said.

"What about her? What has Zoella got to do with my girlfriend?" he asked.

"Well, as it turns out, quite a lot," Louise answered.

"Amelia's real name is Rowan, not Amelia. Rowan Sugg. She's... well, she's my little sister," Zoe explained.

Jack laughed. "Oh, good one. You really think I'm gonna believe that?" he chuckled. Louise looked at him seriously. "No way..." Jack started, realising that they weren't joking around. "But why would she hide that from me?"

"She... erm, we didn't really get on. In 2012, she ran away and we – my family – didn't hear anything from her until July, when Louise found her," Zoe started.

"That first day you met her... you were meant to be going shopping with Hazel and Amelia but Hazel didn't end up going..." Jack suddenly realised.

"That was because I insisted on taking Rowan to Brighton... she didn't want to go... she was happy how she was," Louise continued. Jack sat down slowly – this was getting a bit much.

"So... so, Amelia – or Rowan – she... she's your sister. And... she went missing for two years, pretending to be some chick called Amelia? Why did she leave in the first place?" Jack asked. Louise nodded.

"She didn't want anything to do with YouTube. That was when my channel started to get more popular and she didn't want the attention... she hated the attention, even though she didn't get any. But she didn't tell us... she just... left," Zoe replied.

"But why now? And why you? Why can't she tell me herself?" Jack asked. "And where is she? Is she even on a business trip?" he spat.

"No... Rowan isn't on a business trip. I lied about that because... well, because she was in a car accident and... she lost a lot of her recent memories. From the beginning of 2011 onwards," Louise answered.

"Is she okay?" Jack asked, worry filling his brain. Although he felt betrayed, he still loved Amelia... Rowan.

"She's fine Jack. She's gone for dinner with Hazel," Louise said. Jack nodded, relieved.

"The thing is Jack... when Rowan was at the hospital, her doctor told me that she suffered... suffered a... miscarriage..." Zoe said slowly.