Chapter 3

Annie rushed into the house behind Amelia just as she slammed the door. "God! What an arse! That is the last time I'm letting you persuade me to talk to my neighbours," Amelia exclaimed.

"Yeah. He was a bit of an idiot. Sorry, I didn't realise," Annie said. "Look, I've got to get to the airport now, my flight is in a few hours,"

Amelia shrugged. "I wish you weren't leaving," she said sadly.

"I'm sorry Lia," Annie said. She didn't sound very sorry. A couple of minutes later, Annie left. As she was closing the door, she saw her other two neighbours leave their house.

"Hey! Amy, right?" Dan asked.

Amelia sighed. "It's Amelia,"

"Oh sorry. Look, we just wanted to apologise about Jack," Dan said.

"Oh is that his name?" Amelia said with a bored tone. "Well, don't bother,"

"He didn't even tell you his name?" Ciaran asked.

"No. He said great, bye and then said goodbye after I told him to stop being so rude," Amelia explained angrily.

"Well, we're sorry that he's a bit of an arse," Ciaran said.

"Don't apologise for him. I don't know what's going on between the three of you but I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve the two of you apologising for Jack's arrogance," Amelia snapped.

"There's nothing going on between us. We're just three friends living in a house together," Ciaran insisted. Jack was right, she was hot.

"I'm Dan and this is Ciaran," Dan introduced.

"Right, well, it's nice to meet you. I'll see you round, I guess," Amelia said quickly; closing the door in their faces.

"We seem to have found the female Jack," Ciaran joked as they walked back into their house. Dan laughed.

"She's probably not that bad then. Once you get to know her," Dan said.

"I don't know why, but I have a feeling we won't get the chance to know her," Ciaran replied.

"Well, she doesn't seem like the kind of person to socialise, no. But maybe she was just having a bad day?" Dan asked.

"Who's having a bad day?" Jack asked from behind them.

"Our neighbour. Amelia, by the way. And no thanks to you," Dan said.

"Good to know I'm still charming to the ladies," Jack answered. "Did she seem upset?" Jack asked. He didn't know why, but he felt bad for her. Especially if it had been his fault she was upset.

"Not upset. More like extremely bitter and pissed off," Ciaran said.

"That's alright then," Jack replied.