17. m e m o r i e s

Dallon

When me and Breezy were younger and we still went to the same school we had a lot of memories together. We were best friends.

It snowed, and we both put on our gear and ran outside, meeting each other and going to one of our back yards. We were in grade 2, 7 years old.

We didn't really have a care in the world. All we wanted to do was grow up and be best friends forever and do what we love and just over all be together.

We were never the kind to want to date each other. No, we just wanted to be together. People would assume that we'd get married when we were older. And I see no problem in us getting married if none of us have found someone already.

That's weird.

We would often just sit there and talk. For 7 year olds we were very aware of our surroundings. If anything new happened on the news we'd rush right over and tell each other.

I read comics, she read books.
I wore dressy clothes, she did too.
I watched cooking shows for fun, she watched the shows about building houses.

You now see why we fit so well together.

We sat outside in the snow. Back to back. I wouldn't say we were odd, that we weren't like the normal kids that played with toys and watched cartoons and played video games.

I liked hanging out with Breezy. She made me laugh way more than the other kids would.

I would have never guessed that, nine years later, we would race up to my room, tumble on my bed, and out of nowhere, have her kiss me.