34. t h e o n e

Brendon

Breezy is one clueless child, Brendon thinks to himself as she sits there taking in everything he said, processing it all.

He felt bad for her. She was Dallon Weekes' best friend. The one that made Brendon feel like Dallon was going to suddenly turn straight for her. He felt terrible for thinking that, and for breaking up with Dallon because of it, and lying that he liked Sarah, and feeling bad because he lied to Sarah.

Brendon just wished he could turn back time and make everything right again. Take back all the things he said to Dallon that hurt him, and tell him how he actually felt when spending the summer with the guy who stole his heart and never gave it back.

Forever and always, Dallon will remind Brendon of summer. He made Brendons heart feel like it was still summer.

He often thought about that time when Dallon fell off the bed from laughing at his own joke. He also thought about the first time they kissed, and how he swore he felt something but refused to tell anyone about it, for the sake of his well being.

He hated himself for that. Not telling anyone about what he felt when he kissed that boy that was taller than him, on a beach, when the sun was setting.

As much as he tried to tell himself that maybe it was just the setting of the kiss that made him feel something, he always came back to the conclusion that it was just Dallon.

Dallon. The boy who thought he wrote some sort of meaningless words on a record shop in the West of California, when actually it was the words, "his eyes saved my life," behind a few stocked records. He just told him he wrote those words, when they were there before Brendon was.

Brendon prayed every night that he and Dallon would be together again. If not in this life, then in another.

"So-wait, why did you break up with Dallon?" Breezy shot him out of his thoughts.

"Because I thought he was in love with you."

Those times when he would pick her over him.

He watched her face flush red and his heart sank in his chest. He didn't want to say that.

"That's ridiculous, he is gay."

The time she called Brendon a raging homosexual.

"People can change and experience things differently." He stated, swallowing a lump in his chest.

"Why didn't you ask him about it?"

That time Brendon asked Dallon about spending the night and Dallon getting pink in the cheeks.

"Because I'm stupid, Breezy."

That time Dallon called himself stupid as a joke because he had a total space out moment that made Brendon laugh about it for weeks after.