38. t h e e n d

Dallon

I told myself that I couldn't hear him say he was sorry one more time or I'd kill myself.

Everyone around us stood there quietly but I knew Breezy enough to know she was freaking out.

Brendon smiled into the kiss as he heard my mother squealing from the kitchen window, knocking over a plastic cup in the process.

I pulled away, looking at him.

"You said sorry five times too many," I whispered. He laughed lightly and awkwardly grabbed his guitar like he didn't know what to do.

"I don't know how to handle feelings very well," Brendon confessed, standing on his toes and whispering in my ear, "Back in California, I didn't know what to do."

"Back in California was the best summer of my life."

I broke the news that he owes me a new window, and he burst out laughing. Patrick had left with Pete, he told him he'd take him home.

"We kind of have an audience," I informed.

"Do you want to go get something to drink and talk?" He asked sincerely. I nodded, sending everyone home. Breezy made a 'call me' gesture and I agreed, watching her go.

We sat up in the nearest Cafe, a safe distance apart. We talked, and talked, then we talked more.

"My, you've changed." He whispered lightly enough for me to barely hear him. I propped up an eyebrow and he elaborated, saying "Your clothes, they're different. You're wearing black!" He smiled lightly.

"Yeah, I sort of fell into a funk and stopped dressing myself nicely, at least I think that's what happened."

His smile was there but barely. "Well hey, we're friends now. How about we see a movie this weekend?" Brendon's smirk was so obvious I couldn't resist a smile. Seemed that smiling was a big thing right now.

"I'd like that."

You know, I came up with this whole spiel about how horrible what he did was, and about how I'd never take him back and that he ruined the only chance he had with me. But that seemed a little too overly dramatic and childish. Plus I threw a rock at him before he sang me a song.

He told me that he'd never do that again unless he truly thought it was needed. I told him that 'it better not be needed' as a joke and he laughed so loud that everyone around couldn't hear themselves think.

-

I'm working on some new stuff

Fair warning these probably won't be finished for a while?? But they're interesting and sort of new from what I've been writing? Okay maybe not Better Than Me (I wrote this AN long time ago and I have more that one draft saved for this one) and Dr...

Fair warning these probably won't be finished for a while?? But they're interesting and sort of new from what I've been writing? Okay maybe not Better Than Me (I wrote this AN long time ago and I have more that one draft saved for this one) and Drugs and Candy are high school AUs but drugs and candy is set in the 1950s (don't mind the cover I'm sorry I bet they didn't have tattoos when they were in high school but it was the best I could find I'm not down for making my own covers creative anymore) and it's gonna be cool. I still have to figure out the works for these but they will most likely be published in the future.

I'm also working on a sequel to the no plot peterick fanfic that is gonna actually have a plot and it's gonna be good hopefully. Idk if I would make a sequel to Tidal Waves, I have no idea what I would do but if I do end up doing one obviously you guys will know.

I haven't been publishing much because I just have so many works in progress like these are atleast 4 out of 9 (WHATT I just counted that's a lot)???? The four are definitely gonna be published when they're done I'm thinking about doing Better Than Me as a fanfic I publish as I write you know? I've tried it like that but it's never been finished so maybe not.

Anyways just a not so small announcement for you guys and quick explanation as to why I have been updating slowly if you've read my one shots.