18. y o u n g v o l c a n o e s

Dallon

Her lips met mine and I was astounded, not knowing what to do.

They're soft, and all I see are her closed eyelids. Her hand on my cheek, a pizza slice in mine.

It's about 24 seconds until she pulls back, I counted. Her lips formed a worried smile.

Mine, a calm facial expression.

"What was that?" I ask. Her eyes darted everywhere but at me, making it easier to look at her.

She waits a second before replying. "I don't know."

"Why did you do that?" I put the pizza back into the box, clearing the crumbs from my hand.

"I don't know." She says, again. "I'm sorry. I- you must like a different girl."

"Breezy," I stopped, letting out a quick breath. "I'm gay." I sat up straight, legs crossed.

Her face shot up in horror. "What?" She mutters.

"I thought you knew. Everyone does- anyone who asked at least."

"But wait... you and Tyler..." Breezy trailed on.

"No, God no." I sighed. "I'm sorry you didn't know. I mean, I did kinda try to hide it from you." I shrugged. "I guess people in our school don't really care if you' are gay or not. I thought you would hear rumours at least."

I admit, it's quite the awkward moment. I had this huge craving of pizza and now I think I lost it.

She's going home. She insisted.

Even if I wasn't gay, I'd trade baby blues for wide eyed browns anytime.

I still don't understand how she never knew. I hung out with him a lot. I guess it's the lack of PDA we showed.

-

Not that anybody reads this, but sorry for not updating yesterday. I was busy.

But I saw the 1975 yesterday :)

-me