37. a l w a y s

It's a long one.

-

Dallon

Monday nights were always the same. But not this Monday.

I had a sad Patrick in my room. His stomach hurt from sadness and his eyes are red and filled with tears.

Over the weekend, Andy found out that Patrick was sleeping with Pete. This was the first time I'd been hearing of this too, and frankly I'm upset about why he didn't tell me AND the fact he had sex for the first time and didn't tell me.

Today, Andy didn't speak to Patrick. He wouldn't even look at him. I mean, I wouldn't either but I can't tell Patrick this. What he did wasn't good.

But he's my friend and I gotta be there for him, even if his morals are wrong. I think?

"You still have Pete, though. Right? That's always good?" Dallon whispered hopefully to cheer up Patrick. He didn't exactly know what to do in this situation, he didn't know how to help.

Patrick cried more. "Andy wasn't good enough anyways. I mean I-I don't support this... Way... Of showing him that, but he wasn't good enough." Dallon patted his back. Patrick sobbed harder. His face was buried in his chest and he could feel how wet his shirt was. "I fucked up, Dal, I fucked up so bad!" He cried more.

The only option Dallon had was to wait out his crying. Anything he said didn't help him at all. If anything, it made him cry more.

When Patrick finally stopped it was when Dallon put on a movie and made him popcorn. He fell asleep. He looked so peaceful. His phone was blowing up. Pete was texting him asking if he was okay, people were asking him what happened, Andy was telling him what he though about this whole situation and to be honest it was very mature. He didn't call Patrick any names, didn't bring him down, I didn't know why Patrick didn't appreciate him enough.

I finally got some peace and quiet and checked my phone. To no surprise I had zero notifications and the time was 7:39 pm. God, he'd been there all day and I didn't do my homework.

I crawled off the bed, being as cautious as I could, trying to grab my school bag. My desk wasn't cleared off but the chair was, I could make due. In the midst of unpacking and getting comfy, I heard something, a tick. I looked to Patrick who was still asleep. It sounded again and I searched for where the sound was coming from. Once more and I would think I'm going crazy, which did happen. I went back to my previous actions and took out my binder, placing it over everything on my desk and just as I did I heard another tick. This time, I thought, it was something under the binder. I cleared it off and placed it there again, then placed my textbook over it and the same thing. I'm crazy, it's happened. I've gone mad.

But no. Patrick turned on my bed and I sighed that he didn't wake up. If he moved, he could definitely hear the sound too. I looked out the window and sighed, staring at the faint cracks on my- WAIT why is my window cracked?

Oh god, I know what this is.

I lift the window to see Brendon standing in my yard, holding a guitar in one hand and another rock in the other and throwing it up. I watched it land on my floor.

I picked it up and whipped it back down, "You got a lot of nerve showing up here Urie," I yelled to him. God I was so angry I wanted to cry.

He dodged the rock. I noticed he had some friends, Pete, Josh, some other people I don't care about enough to mention.

Patrick came to the window and the second he saw Pete he was outside already. I was left in my room with myself.