16. a l o n e t o g e t h e r

Dallon

I'm kind of glad Breezy asked to come over. I've been needing to work on my science and she's been passing with a mark well above mine.

Plus, she's been hanging out with Meagan a lot lately. I haven't been talking a lot with her either. I mean, obviously if she's hanging out with Meagan I won't be. You know?

My point is, I'm glad she's coming over.

But, my room is a total mess. I still haven't really cleaned up the flower petals and clothes (undetermined if they're clean or not) are laying all over the floor.

It's the end of November. She may take a while to get here so I'm gonna put off cleaning my room for a few minutes and just lay here.

It's been almost but not quite a month of seeing Brendon with Sarah (Orzechowski. I know how to spell it now) laughing and having a good old time together right in front of my face. Yeah, everything about the memories and stuff but I have mixed emotions every single time I think about it.

I miss him. He was great. But then I hate him. He's a liar.

Like I said, mixed emotions.

Believe me, it's not that easy to rebuild your trust for someone who hasn't even come into your life yet. But I so desperately need to get my mind off of things.

I cleaned my room in less than 5 minutes. Though, it's not necessarily cleaning if you just shove all your clothes in a closet and pile up the garbage in a corner. But it would just take too much out of me to full on clean it.

Therefore, I settled with the lazy-tidy.

From: B Reezy
I'm here, come get me :/

To: B Reezy
Be right there

I opened the door to see a blue eyed Breezy rushing in. "It's cold," She breathed out. "Wh-your house is nice and hot! Bless your soul Dallon Weekes."

"Thank my parents, they have heaters everywhere," I laughed, grabbing Breezy's hand and bringing her up that carpet stairs. Everything but my kitchen and bathroom seemed to be carpet. "Did you bring your books?" I gestured to the bag she had on her back.

"Yes, Dallon. I brought my science books," she whispered, dropping the bag onto the floor and jumping on my bed.

"Hey! What're you doing?"

"Dallon I'm tired," she trailed. "Let me lay on your bed for once. The floor sucks."

I glared at her for a second. "Fine. Just because you're my favourite friend."

She laughed and curled into the corner. "Join me, friend." She patted the bed behind her.

Instead, I go to my stereo and play music, setting my books on the ground and getting comfortable. I hear her mumble, "You're no fun." And then the muffled noises of her getting off the bed and picking up her books.

After what feels like 17 hours (was actually 1) of studying, we decided it was enough and we'd get back to it after we ordered pizza and ate, then procrastinate.

We call Dominoes and tell our order- or Breezy tells the order because even the thought of me talking to a stranger over the phone makes my stomach churn.

"So," she said. "You're friends with Tyler and his little clique?"

"Um, yeah I guess. It's only because of Brendon-" accidentally let that slip.

"Oh yeah! What happened between you two?" She bit her lip in curiosity, you know how people do sometimes.

"He started dating someone and pushed me aside." I smiled, upset barely showing.

"Ah, that's sad." She delicately pushed her black hair out of her face, showing wide eyes from disbelief.

"Yeah, I guess. Let's talk about something else. Does anyone at our school catch your eye?" I couldn't resist mentioning something about her eyes. They're just so nice and blue.

She thought for a moment. "I don't know. I don't wanna talk about it." She made the face of that one emoji: 😁

I shrug it off. "Wanna wait down stairs for the pizza and we can race up the stairs when we get it?"

She smiled brightly. "You know me so well, Dallon Weekes."

The silence while waiting was comfortable. Normally you're wondering if you should say something, maybe ask if they want to watch tv. But we were fine. 

I mean, Any minute the pizza guy could be here so.

The moment I think that, he's already knocking on the door.

I jump up, pull out the money and open the door to reveal a tan teenager that does not go my school. He's young and already has a moustache forming over his lips.

I hand him the bills and carefully take the pizza into my hands. He waves slightly and I close the door, making quick eye contact with Breezy and then running up the stairs as I hear her follow. Keep in mind were both laughing the whole way.

I win, and we're both laying in bed.

"I win! You owe me...." I took a breath, "Whatever you think of in the next 5 minutes."

She laughed with her whole body. Or maybe it was her sitting to look at me. I did the same, putting the pizza between us and opening the box.

That feeling you get when you're being watched, like you literally feel eyes on you. I moved uncomfortably, about to take a slice-