4. b r a n d n e w

Dallon

I've always had this irrational fear of being in the dark. Alone. You can't tell me you've never seen a persons shape in the dark at some point in your life. It's not irrational, a lot of people fear the dark. Most of them are just 3-10 year olds.

I have many fears. Spiders- any bugs actually, heights, death (sometimes), darkness, lightning and thunder, loneliness, all of the fears you would expect everyone to have at least one of. But one of them is different. I have this fear of not being liked- of Brendon not liking me. I feel the need to always try to impress him, to try to be a better version of my self. More interesting Dallon Weekes.

He's this guy who always knows what to say. And it always seems to flow easily and make sense.  Who am I kidding, he could speak gibberish and I'd still say it made sense.

Now, I've walked through these doors many times. And to know that this is the last first time fills me with joy and happiness. Then it's ruined when I see Joshua Dun and his cronies walking towards me.

They don't say anything, no. They step around me for once.

What a time to be alive. The biggest smile plastered against my face, I carry my backpack over my baby blue button up shirt, sweater in hand. I try to find my locker while walking down the halls and eventually do. Locker number 208.

"Fight me!" A voice came up behind me.

"Square up!" I shout back, making contact with a boy slightly smaller than me.

"Triangle down mate what now!" He spread his arms out. "Dallon."

"How was the week in California without me?"

"Dreadful. Never again. Did you miss me?"

I closed my locker and picked up my bag. "No, I really needed to get away from you. I don't know how I stayed 3 months with you." He locked our fingers to which I declined. My hands were extremely sweaty from nervousness. I didn't want him to become grossed out.

He smiled at me and I smiled sympathetically back. "Do we have any classes together?" He asked.

"I think-"

"Dildo fucking Weekes answer your phone you fucking idiot S M H I've been calling you for like 789 hours you deaf child. Oh hello, whos this, hi I'm Breezy." Breezy approached us. She was wearing an 'I (heart) Zombies' shirt with a light pair of jeans.

"Hi I'm Brendon. Dallons friend." He smiled and I'm pretty sure she died inside.

"Well sorry to break it to you but I need Dallon asap. You'll see him soon. A month at the latest."

She grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "I just saved you from a train wreck. I saw him checking you out. Thank me now you know I didn't just save you from a flaming homosexual!"

I smiled. "Oh Breezy." I laughed and went to class.

-

Because of Breezy, I didn't see Brendon all day. I think that was part of her intention. But im serious. Every class I have with Brendon I also have with Breezy. I'm not going to tell her about this summer either, but damnit! It's annoying having her by my side every second. If this is how it's going to be all year then I want to switch out of the classes I have with her.

No offence though. She just doesn't have any friends, and I understand that. Buts its not hard to just go up to someone and start a conversation. There are a lot of people in this school who like Supernatural and the Front Bottoms. It shouldn't be such an obstacle.

But me, someone who deals with bad anxiety even when talking to Patrick, should understand how terrible that idea is.

Yes, I am complaining. But I won't be for long. She is talking to a girl, Meagan, right now. Pete Wentz (Brendon's friend) is dating her.

The boys all say she's something of a slut. But I know nothing about her. Just that she hangs out with a lot of boys and Breezy is the only girl I've seen her (Meagan) talk to since she started coming here. I feel kind of bad for calling her a slut. That's not a nice term, but it's what Brendon called her.

"She doesn't leave makeup after her kiss, and all the boys think that she's theirs." He said, once during the summer. "That's what Pete said anyways."

-

Hello! I had my first day at school today and I looked hella fine.

I have decided to post updates on Mondays and Friday's(I meant Thursdays) because posting once a week will take too long.

-me