03. "Who is this?"

Katie’s POV

I couldn’t fall asleep. First of all I was in Martin’s apartment and the couch really wasn’t all that comfortable and secondly, I kept thinking what to do.

I really need to find my keys by this evening. I have a flight tomorrow morning.

As soon as Martin woke up we started searching. We called the club where we were out partying. We called the cab that took us home that evening, but with no success. Even Nathan and Amelia didn’t have a clue. Really great. I was getting so nervous and then I hear my phone ring from the kitchen. Hoping it’s the cab driver or the club I quickly ran to the kitchen. I took my phone and answered without looking who’s calling.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hello? You never answer like this.”

“Harry, it’s you.”

Oops, what do I tell him? I mustn’t tell him I lost the keys. I really mustn’t.

“How are you love?”

“Not all that great, you?”

“I’m doing alright, Niall and I just returned from a round of golf. What’s wrong, are you in a bad mood?”

“Nah, everything’s fine.”

“But I can hear it in your voice, something’s wrong.”

“Umm…”

“I’m listening, Katie.”

“I’m sorry, but I must work this whole week. I won’t be able to come see you.”

I’m lying. I’m lying to Harry. I was so angry with myself. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell him the truth.

“What do you mean you’re working? Can’t you take some time off?”

“I barely started working. I can’t just ask for time off.”

“But… then we planned this whole thing for nothing? Katie… please! I’m begging you!”

“I’m sorry Harry. You know I’d like to come.”

“Then come. Please! You don’t know how much I miss you.”

“I can’t.”

“Why are you doing this? Why?”

“I’ll try to convince them to give me some time off, okay?”

“I miss you Katie!”

“I miss you too.”

The worst part about it is that you’d really want to go, but you don’t know how, because all your stuff is locked in your apartment. This really can only happen to me.

Harry’s POV

I truly hope she gets time off. It’s just a week. One week.

I was relaxing backstage on a comfortable sofa, waiting to start the concert. We’re preforming in Perth today. You can already hear the fans from the arena, really incredible. I keep asking myself how is this possible. I can’t believe what they’ve done for us.

“Katie, have you seen the new pictures?” Louis asked, just walking in the room.

“What pictures?”

“Katie’s.”

“I didn’t. Show me.”

He stepped to me and gave me his phone.

I saw the first picture where Katie’s entering a cab with some guy. On the next photo they were hugging. I scrolled down through the article. I didn’t bother reading. I was only interested in pictures. On the third photo they were together again.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Louis answered.

“Show me too.” Liam said. 

“Wait! What?!”

“Show me Harry.” Liam said.

He looked at the phone.

“They’re kissing.” he sounded surprised.

“Who the hell is he? What is he doing with my Katie!?”

Liam’s POV

I grabbed my phone and called Katie.

“She’s not picking up.”

“Damn.” Harry said.

He was totally stressed. He kept walking up and down, biting his fingernails.

“Harry don’t believe in everything they’re writing.”

“Writing?!?! Didn’t you see the photos?”

“I did, but still.”

“That’s why she said she couldn’t come.”

“What did she say to you?”

“I spoke to her earlier. She said that she can’t come, because she’s working the entire week.”

“Katie would never cheat on you.”

“Never?” he replied angrily.

“Harry, trust me. I know her too much. I know what a person she is.”

“Then how do you explain this photo?” he said, kicking a random chair. “Auuch.”

“Watch out, you’ll break your foot. This isn’t her. Look closely. It certainly isn’t her. She doesn’t have hair like that.”

I noticed how he was on the verge of tears.

“Who is she then?”

“Look, you can’t see her face.”

“But it’s most definitely the same guy.”

“I can see that, but still.”

“Yes, it is. And that’s her on all the other photos, but definitely not on the last one.”

“What if she doesn’t love me?”

“Harry, can you please stop. You know she does.” I told him.

“You can’t know what she feels. What if this was all just…”

“Stop it. Please. Stop. If she didn’t love you then she’d sign that contract with the management the other day, remember?”

He was speechless. He turned away and sat down on the sofa.

The situation was really weird but I was 100% sure that Katie would never cheat on him. I know how much she loves him and would do anything for him.