13. "What are you doing here?"

Katie’s POV

I sat in front of our bedroom door for a while. I didn’t want Harry to see me crying. He’d immediately ask what’s wrong.

“What are you doing down there?” the door opened.

I looked up and saw Harry.

“I just came back from my run.” I said and fake smiled, like everything was just fine.

“Come here.” he said and reached down towards me, to help me get up.

I took his hands and stood up. He pulled me in for a hug. I felt so safe, until I started thinking this might be the last time. My eyes started to tear up gain. No, no, please no. I can’t cry in front of Harry.

“Katie, you really mean the world to me.”

I stayed quiet. I know how much I was about to hurt him. But I truly can’t tell him what I’m actually planning just yet.

We stayed together for the remainder of the day and I kept mustering up the courage how to tell him my decision. I can’t imagine how I’ll survive without him but I simply… can’t do this anymore.

Harry’s POV

We finished the concert and went backstage.

“Harry.”

“Yes.” I said and turned towards Liam.

“You need to ask her to marry you asap.”

“Why?” I looked at him, not really knowing what he was on about.

“Just do as I say.”

“Liam, do you know something I don’t?”

“Umm…”

“Please, tell me what you know.”

“She wants to leave.”

“Who, where?”

“Katie, home.”

“Why? She didn’t say anything to me, does she have to go back to work?”

“No.”

“What is it then?”

“She can’t handle the pressure. She wants a fresh start.”

Fresh start? I wasn’t capable of saying anything at the moment.

“Just do as I say and do it tonight.”

If that’s the case I can’t ask her to marry me. I have no chance of her saying yes and accepting the ring.

____________________________

Like or comment if you like the story. I want to know how many of you actually read this.

Thank you xx

-X.