12. "I'm going back tomorrow."

Katie’s POV

As I was returning from my morning run I stopped by in a small store by the side of the road to buy myself a bottle of water. It was very hot and humid, a totally different atmosphere than in England. When I was paying for my water I noticed a magazine on the newsstand.

                Harry and Natalie!

I grabbed one of those magazines and put it on the till next to my water.

“Anything else?”

“No thank you.”

“4,75$ please.”

I gave her the money and walked out of the store.

I must talk to Liam as soon as possible. I went up to his room, hoping he’s already awake and alone.

Liam’s POV

“Katie, what’s wrong?”

“I wanted to speak to you sooner. I can’t do this anymore.”

“What?”

I showed him the magazine I purchased a couple of minutes ago.

“You know this isn’t true.”

“I know, I know everything Liam. But I can’t stand them trying to break us up all the time. I can’t do it anymore! I don’t want a life like this.”

No, no, no, not now, I thought. Just as he was about to ask her to marry him. No Katie, don’t do this.

“Everything’s gonna be fine. Don’t let them get to you.” I said and hugged her.

“No it’s not.” she sobbed.

“It will be, believe me.”

“Ever since we got together they’ve been trying to break us up. And I think they’ve finally done it. I need to start over, I need to turn this page of my life.”

What should I do? If only she knew what Harry’s planning, but I really mustn’t tell her.

“Katie, you love him and he loves you. Don’t let them keep you from being happy.”

“You don’t understand me. If I tell you the truth, I’m not even happy. Each day I fear what the next morning will bring.”

“No! I’m not letting you do this. You mustn’t do this.”

“No one understands me.” she started crying.

“I understand you, but…”

“But what Liam, what?”

I didn’t know what to say.

“I’m going back tomorrow.” she added.

“No, please. Stay here.”

“No, I can’t.” she said, stood up from the chair and left the room.

I must tell Harry to hurry up as soon as possible. He can’t stall this any longer.