07. "Why are you asking me this?"

Katie’s POV

I shook his hand. “How may I help you?”

“Where are you flying to Katie?”

Should I tell him I’m going to Australia or not? I don’t even know if he’s really the man that’s allegedly working for the management. But he probably is. Why would a complete stranger ask me where I’m going?

“On holiday.”

“Where to on holiday?”

I better not tell him the truth.

“Greece.”

“Aaa Greece? All by yourself?”

“Yes, my relatives live there.”

“Aha, very well then. I’m sorry I’ve disturbed you. But, there is no flight to Greece now.”

I got nervous, it was obvious he knew every detail.

“I know, I have to wait for my friend and then we’ll be off.”

“Aha, and when is your flight?”

I hate him so much.

“Why are you asking me this?”

“I wouldn’t ask if I wasn’t interested, now would I?”

“I’m not obliged to tell you anything. I don’t know you and there is no need for you to know when, where or with whom I’m traveling with, okay?” I told him and walked away.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“Katie, you’re not going anywhere.”

“Who are you to tell me where I should or shouldn’t go? There’s no need for you to worry about me. You should worry about yourself instead. Don’t you agree?”

I walked away and he finally let me go. I arrived to the staff where they checked my luggage. All I had to do now is go through security and then I’ll see my plane that’ll take me to him.

“I’m sorry miss, but this ticket is not valid for this flight.”

“Excuse me?”

The man looked at me funny, almost like he was nervous.

“Can I see it again?” I said.

It clearly said it’s the right ticket for this flight, so I don’t know where he got this information.

“Hand me the ticket.” I said.

He didn’t want to give it back.

“Give it back!” I said angrily and pulled it out of his hands.

I went over to another counter where they sell tickets and saw Christopher there, talking with the employee. I quickly went to another counter so that he wouldn’t notice me.

“I have just one question.” I said.

“Go ahead.” the woman behind the counter said.

“Is this the correct ticket for the flight leaving to Australia now?”

“Show me.”

She took my ticket.

“Of course it is, who told you it’s not?”

At this moment Christopher approached me and shoved me out of the way, causing me to almost fall over.

“Give me the ticket.” he said to her.

She looked at him all frightened and slid backwards on her chair.

“That’s my ticket. You can’t give it to him.” I added loudly.

“Sir, can you please step away?” the woman said.

“No! She can’t go to Australia.”

This is when the security showed up and dragged him away. The woman gave me back my ticket, hoping I could get to my plane on time.

---

After an almost 24 hour flight I landed in Australia. I got off the plane. As I was walking towards the exit I remembered the day, it was 1st July, when I arrived to New York. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. On 1st July 2008 I lost Liam and on the exact same date, five years later, we met again in New York. I still don’t know if it was fate or a mere coincidence.

But if I look back on it now, my life was so much easier before all this. Easier meaning there weren’t people interfering with my life and I could do whatever I wanted and no one told me I couldn’t.

When I got to the exit I saw Liam there.

“Liaaaaam.” I said loudly, ran up to him and hugged him. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.”

We stayed like this for a while, just hugging each other. “How was your flight?”

“The flight was great, but I had some trouble before it.”

“Again?” he laughed.

“Yes, I’ll tell you everything.”

He took my suitcase and carried it to the taxi.

“Where is Harry?”

“Uummm…”

“Why won’t you answer me Liam?”

“He’s asleep.”

“Asleep at 9 PM?”

“Yes. He asked me if I could come pick you up.”

“Liam, thank you for coming. I really don’t know what I’d do without you.”

But I didn’t know how to feel about Harry not coming. He was so excited for me to arrive here and then he went to sleep.