06. "5£ please."

Harry’s POV

My phone started ringing again. Katie.

“Hey.”

“Hey Harry! I have some good news.” she said enthusiastically.

“Tell me.”

I’d love some good news after I’ve seen your pictures with another guy, then you not coming to Australia like we planned and on top of all this that call from Christopher…

“I’m leaving tomorrow.”

“Leaving where?”

“To see you Harry.” she sounded happy.

“Okay.”

“Aren’t you happy?” she asked a bit worried.

“Of course I am. But you don’t have to come just because of me.”

“Harry, I must tell you what happened. Please, listen to me…”

“I’m listening.”

This is the most absurd thing I have heard. What else will they come up with? This is getting more and more out of hand. Who do they think they are? What the hell is wrong with them? I was getting so angry I could smash everything in my path. I hate them so much. Why do they interfere with my personal life? Why can’t they just let us be? What will the future bring? I won’t know what’s true and what’s not anymore. If this continues, then I really won’t know what will happen. Why did they go after me and Katie? What do they have against her? Why shouldn’t I be with her? Oh, so many questions were running through my head, I felt like it was about to explode. I see now that some people really have a stone in place of their heart. I had to go get some fresh air. I was going mad.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I lost the keys. I’m so sorry. I really thought you’d be angry with me.”

“Angry because of that? I’m angry now, because you didn’t tell me the truth in the first place.”

“Sorry.”

“Please, from now on, if anything similar happens you tell me the truth immediately.”

“I promise.”

“And watch out for the management. Some guy named Christopher is in charge now.”

“They’re trying everything to keep us apart. Please, Harry, don’t believe in everything you see or read. You know I’d never do something like that. I love you.”

“And I love you Katie. I miss you so much. I can’t wait to have you in my arms again.”

Katie’s POV

I’m so glad we successfully solved this situation. I really can’t imagine what I’d do if something went wrong. I can’t live without him anymore. How is it possible to grow fond of someone so much? I’m so thrilled about tomorrow. I already didn’t sleep well last night and I certainly won’t get any sleep tonight.

---

I took my suitcase that I had prepared and went out to the taxi that was waiting for me right at the building entrance. Just before I got in I saw Martin on the other side of the road. I didn’t bother to say hi. I pretended like he didn’t exist, sat in the taxi and drove towards the airport.

“And where is this young lady traveling?” the taxi driver asked after we’ve been driving for a while.

He was an older man, a little bit chubby, with gray hair and a beard.

“To Australia.” I answered his question.

“Australia?” he asked sounding astonished and smiled.

“Yes, you heard that right.”

“All by yourself?”

“You could say so.”

“Brave girl.” he said and looked in the rear view mirror so that he could see me.

I smiled at him.

“Wait. You?” he suddenly said.

“Me?”

“You’re Harry’s girlfriend, I mean, you look just like her.”

“Yes I am.”

I was completely shocked that such an older man recognized me. You would have thought that a taxi driver his age doesn’t even know who Harry is, let alone me.

“I knew it. My granddaughters are absolutely crazy about you. They really like you.”

“Really?” I was surprised.

“Yes, yes. They talk about you and Harry all the time. Can I get an autograph?”

“Sure, I’d be my pleasure.”

He pulled a piece of paper and a pen from the glove compartment.

“See, I keep these in here just in case I meet someone like you.”

I laughed. “What are their names?”

“Anna and Nicol.”

I started writing on the piece of paper.

Dear Anna and Nicol

Although I don’t know you in person, I would truly like to thank you for your support. I hope we get to meet each other soon.

Love, Katie xoxo

I finished writing just as we arrived at the airport.

“Here you go.” I said and handed him the paper.

“Thank you so much. This really means a lot to them.”

“You’re welcome. How much do I owe you?”

“5£ please.”

“Just 5£?”

“Yes, it was really nice of you to write this note.” he said, pointing to the paper. “I hope we meet again.”

“Sure, but have your granddaughters with you then.”

“I will.” he smiled. “Have a safe trip.”

“Thank you and goodbye.”

I took my suitcase from the taxi and headed to the entrance.

“Katie!” I heard a voice from the background.

I turned around and saw a man running towards me.

“Hello Katie, I’m Christopher.” he introduced himself and offered me his hand.

Christopher? Didn’t Harry mention someone working for the management, and if my memory serves me right, he said that his name is Christopher.