29. "I'm sorry Katie."

Katie’s POV

I looked up from the picture to look at her. She probably felt guilty. Guilty for not telling me sooner.

“I’m sorry Katie.”

“What’s his name?”

“His name is…”

“Tell me already.” I added a little angry.

“I can’t Katie.”

“Of course you can.”

She take a deep breath.

“Christopher.”

At that moment I dropped the picture on the floor. I stood still and slowly began to understand mom’s words. C-h-r-i-s-t-o-p-h-e-r.

“He- he- he knows that I’m his dau- daughter?” I stuttered.

“Yes.” mom answered shortly.

I didn’t want to believe it. No, this can’t be true. NO! He is not my father.

“I hate him! He’s not my father!” I started crying. “Mom, tell me this isn’t true.”

“I’m sorry Katie.”

Why did I have to find out about this? It would be better if I lived my whole life without knowing this. Christopher is my real father. Which means that Natalie is my half-sister. NOOO!

---

I was sitting on the train, returning to London. This has got to be the worst birthday of my entire life. Why did this have to happen? My mom loved him. Him? Christopher... And then he left her alone with a tiny baby. I think I really can’t stand him anymore. But, he is my father.

I was looking through the window, taking in the landscape that was slowly passing by me. I kept telling myself that this isn’t true. But it unfortunately is.

I got off the train as it stopped at London’s train station and headed towards our apartment. It was so cold and dreary outside. Looks like winter is here.

When I got to the door I dug though my purse to find the key and unlocked the door. I opened it and saw that the apartment was completely filled with balloons.

“Happy birthday Katie!” Harry walked towards me.

Should I act like everything is perfect and be happy or should I tell him what I found out today?

“I love you.” he said and kissed me on the mouth.

“Thank you Harry.”

“I’ve got something for you.”

He handed me a present. It was so nicely wrapped that it was almost too pretty to open. I’d almost rather leave it unopened.

I slowly unwrapped it and opened the box. Tiffany & Co. necklace.

“Harry! I’ve been eying up this necklace for at least six months.”

“I know.” he smiled.

“You shouldn’t have.” I said and hugged him.

I can’t believe it. This necklace. Exactly the one I’ve been admiring for so long. I never told him that I want it. Where did he find out that I like it?

“Go to our room and get ready for a party.”

“Party?” I asked.

“You’ll see.”

He walked me to our room. As soon as he opened the door I saw a dress laid out on the bed. I looked at him.

“Is this for me?”

“Yes.”

He got me all this wonderful stuff. I think I couldn’t wish for a better boyfriend than him.