22. "Everything's gonna be just fine."

Katie’s POV

I just woke up and noticed that Harry was still sound asleep. He’s always so cute when he sleeps. I could watch him all day and not get bored. He’s perfect.

I quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake him up and got ready for my morning workout.

After about an hour of running in the fresh air, I returned to the hotel. Unfortunately for me, I bumped into Christopher at the reception desk.

“Hello Katie.”

“Hi.” I answered and started walking away.

I only answered back to be polite. I’d much rather just ignore him and walk away.

“Wait, wait. Now that you’re already here, I need you.”

Oh, again? What does he want now?

“What is it?” I said quite rudely.

I’d rather burry myself I a pit than talk to him. I hate conversations with him.

“Could you and Harry meet me here in about 15 minutes?”

“I don’t think so.”

“I have some good news for you.”

“Really? Then you can tell me right now.”

“I’d like for the both of you to be there.”

“I’ll ask, but I won’t make any promises.”

“It’s a deal, Katie. See you in 15.”

“I told you I won’t make any promises.”

“I know he will want to come.”

Pha, yeah sure, he must really want to talk to you.

I went up to our room. Harry was still asleep. I won’t wake him up just because of Christopher, not a chance.

I hopped in the shower that really felt good. I kept coming back to Christopher’s words. What the hell is good news for him?

When I got back to the bedroom to get dressed, Harry was already awake, but still in bed.

“Good morning.”

“Morning. Did you run?” he said, sounding sleepy.

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you wake me up? I could have gone with you.”

“You looked so peaceful when you were sleeping that I decided to leave you alone. And yeah… I met Christopher. He’d like for us to come see him. He says that he has some good news for us.”

“Good news?” he laughed.

Oh, how I love his laugh. I almost melt every time I hear it.

“Yes. I don’t know why. I’m leaving back to London tomorrow morning anyway.”

“What if you’d rather stay here and come with us to Sydney?”

“Harry, you know that I can’t.”

“Please.” he said sadly and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

“Oh. Harry, you really know what works on me.” I smiled at him.

He got out of bed and came up to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

“What if you stayed anyway?”

“Stop it. I already feel bad just by thinking about not being with you.”

“Please, I want to hug you every day and kiss you good night and good morning.” he said and kissed me.

“You’ll come home in a month too.”

“That’s too long. I don’t want to be without you for so long.”

“Unfortunately you’ll have to.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too Harry. Should we go see Christopher now?”

“Not yet. I’d like to be alone with you for a little bit more.”

A few minutes later we went down to the reception, but he was nowhere to be seen. Great, I thought, it can’t get better than this. I really hate him.

“Heeeeey.” we heard Natalie’s voice. “My dad will be here in 5 minutes, why don’t you just wait here.”

Dad? Ok, now it’s finally confirmed. Well, we were 99,9% certain before, but now… We know where things stand.

“Why are you shaking?” Harry asked me.

“I’m nervous. I’m like this every time I talk to him.”

He held my hand. “Everything’s gonna be just fine.”