09. "Not funny."

Katie’s POV

I woke up into my first morning in Australia. I feel asleep so quickly last night, I’ve never fallen asleep so fast. I didn’t wake up in the middle of the night and I slept really great. I looked over at Harry and saw that he was still fast asleep. I’m not going to wake him, let him sleep while he can.

I got up from the bed, went to the bathroom and got ready for my morning run. Actually, I don’t even know where I can run. I’ve only seen this place in the dark, but it couldn’t hurt to make an effort and look around for a bit. I just hope I don’t get lost.

“Katie, where are you going?” I heard Harry’s sleepy voice.

“Running.”

“Come lie next to me for a bit.”

“I’m already in my workout gear and I already have my shoes on. I’ll be back in an hour. Would you like to come with me?”

“Oh, I really don’t feel like it at the moment.”

“Alright then, I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Take care.”

“I will.”

I walked through the door and saw some girl in the hallway. She turned her head away from me as soon as she saw me.

I wanted to be nice and say hello, but it was obvious she didn’t want to speak to me, so I decided not to say anything. I went into the elevator and into the lobby. At the front desk, I asked where the best place to run is. The employee told me in which direction I should go. He was really nice and he told me every detail, so there was no option for me to get lost.

The city was so wonderful and the weather was totally different than in London. This simply can’t compare to London. I listened to some music while running and observed my surroundings. The fresh air felt great and I felt amazing. After about an hour of running I returned back to the hotel, full of energy.

“Hey, I’m back.” I said as soon as I walked through the door of our hotel room. “The city is really wonder…” I stopped in my tracks when I noticed that girl that I met in the corridor earlier.

“Umm… This is Natalie, our new stylist.” Harry explained, looking a bit awkward.

Looks like I got back a bit too fast and they weren’t expecting me.

“Hello.” I said with a smile and approached her. “I’m Katie, nice to meet you.”

“I know.” she said observantly.

Oh, I’m sorry, I thought. I was regretting even saying anything. I turned away from them, took some fresh clothes and went in bathroom to take a shower. I kept thinking where I know her from. She looked so familiar to me. Ah, she probably just looks similar to some other girl. And that attitude, she could at least have some respect. Who does she think she is if she’s their stylist. I was their stylist too.

When I got out of the shower Natalie wasn’t in the room anymore. Harry was still lying in bed, looking at his phone, smiling at something.

“How was your morning?” he asked and looked at me.

“Great, and yours?” I asked.

‘Knock, knock’ someone knocked on the door.

“Come in.” Harry said.

It was Niall.

“Harry are you rea… Katie, you’re here. Finally!” Niall said with smile on his face.

“Yes, I am.”

“Awesome, so you’re coming along golfing with us?”

“I don’t know anything about this.”

“Of course she is.” Harry said. “We’ll be ready in 10 minutes.”

“But I never played golf before.” I said when Niall shut the door behind him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.”

Harry’s POV

“Can I show you how you hold the club?”

“Please.”

I stepped behind her and placed my hands over her hands, where she was holding the club. I showed her how she’s supposed to swing it.

“You try now.” I said and stepped back.

She swung the club and hit it. But not the ball. I started laughing.

“Not funny.”

“But it is.” I couldn’t stop laughing.

“Don’t laugh at me.” she said and looked towards me. “Let me try again.”

I really couldn’t hold back laughter. I know it wasn’t appropriate, but still. She swung the club again, unsuccessfully. She finally hit the ball on her third attempt.

“Well done.”

“Heh, thank you.” she said with a smile. “You see, I’m not so bad after all.”

“I didn’t say you were bad.”

After a good hour Natalie decided to join us. I really don’t know how she found out we were playing golf.

“Harry, can you teach me how to play, please?” Natalie said.

“Yes.” I replied shortly.

I stepped to her and started explaining.

“Harry, I’m leaving.” I heard Katie’s voice from the background.

“Where are you going?” I asked without looking and kept explaining the rules to Natalie.

“Natalie, can you please look at me when I’m showing you something?”

“She already left.” she said.

I turned around and saw that Katie was already far away from us. I put down my club and ran up to her.

Katie’s POV

“Where are you so eager to go to?” I heard Harry’s voice coming closer and closer.

“To the hotel.”

“Why?”

“I can’t stand her attitude. I can’t stand her. She’s so dislikable.”

“Natalie?”

“Yes, who else. Harry I’m not jealous if you’re spending time with her, but I simply can’t stand her. Her character is driving me away. I can’t be around her.”

“Katie, you’re not the only one. She gets on everybody’s nerves. Me and the boys were talking, but we can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of her.”

“Where did they even find her?”

At that moment I remembered. Right at that moment everything became clear to me.