24. "You're kidding, right?"

Katie’s POV

After two hours of shopping, Liam and I returned back to the hotel. We were carrying back at least 10 bags, all his. And all he went shopping for were jeans? Don’t ever try to tell me again that girls are worse than boys when it comes to shopping. I realized today that this opinion is totally wrong.

I kept thinking what was Harry about to tell me on the phone. Good, bad news, not important news? Oh…

“What were you about to tell me?” were my first words as I walked in the room.

I didn’t even say hello. I’m so nice. Well, it’s kind of a good thing I didn’t, because he obviously wasn’t even in the room. So I was… yeah, basically talking to myself.

Just as I put my purse on the bed he walked in. I turned around and noticed a huge smile spread across his face.

“What happened?”

“They left.”

“Christopher and Natalie?”

“Yeeeess. But wait, that’s not all.”

Quit stalling and tell me, I thought.

“We’re left without a stylist.”

This is not funny at all, and he’s laughing about it. They’re left on their own. Oh my, this won’t end well. I don’t want to even imagine how they’ll do their hair for the show. Pure comedy.

“Annnd…”

“Say it already.” I said.

“The rest of the team called from London. They wanted to send us a new stylist in a week.”

“Great.”

“Wait, let me finish.”

“I’m listening.” I said, smiled and crossed my arms in front of me.

“We’re not getting a new stylist, because me, Niall, Zayn and Louis stood up for you. We told them to re-hire you.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No.”

“Why would they hire me back if they hate me so much?”

“They’re not all like Christopher. They fired Christopher because he involved Natalia in all this, when in fact he shouldn’t have done that. When Natalie started her job, we were supposed to get a completely different stylist that had already signed a contract with them. But then Christopher fired her, without telling anybody and signed the contract over to Natalie. He wanted me to get involved with her. That would be completely pointless. I still wouldn’t be single, like they wanted.”

“Seriously?”

“I’m being completely serious, Katie.”

“But I’m not completely sure if I want to work for you again.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know.”

“But think about what’s best. Wait at home for me to get back from the tour or being with me the whole time?”

“Being with you the whole time.”

“So where’s the problem?”

“I don’t trust anyone anymore.”

On one hand, I love this job, I’ve always enjoyed it. No other work can compare to it. I think it’s perfect for me. And being with Harry all the time would be the best thing ever. But... I don’t know.

“I’ll think about it and tell you tomorrow.” I said, even though I was 99% percent sure what I’ll do.

____________________________

Do you think Katie will come back or not?

Like/Comment

-X.